What You'll Be Up To
As Senior Game Designer you will be part of a small multi-disciplinary team which consists of members that have been working in the games industry for quite some time. It’s a team that works fast and you as a senior designer bring the necessary design skills to drive the team. You know how to develop the core, meta and supporting systems and have a passion for games. You don’t fear to test, iterate and throw things away. You understand the value of data / analytics and understand how to translate that to product and engineering. While you’re not designing you enjoy reading deconstructions, talking to other designers about what’s next.
- Working as part of the design team, designing compelling game mechanics (a new RPG/Match3 genre) for a mature and female audience
Creating, balancing and tuning game mechanics, levels, game difficulty and UI flow
- Owning the economy of the game, including modeling in spreadsheets or other suitable tools, communicating the economy intentions, and propose monetization designs that best fit our target group
- Working closely with Product and Analytics in evolving and adapting game designs based on play testing, feedback and live metrics.
- Designing and overseeing the development of features and LiveOps events to maximize players engagement and product KPIs
The GameHouse Madrid studio has a deep passion for creating casual story driven games. It’s built around people that have been in the industry for 10+ years and It’s about television addicts, comic lovers, creative artists, story writers, who need to self express by sculpting, coding, drawing and writing. We pride on cut-the-bullshit and just build it when it comes to new stuff. We don’t mind discussing what is good and talking about what needs to be improved. We operate in small teams with a high level of autonomy and responsibility. We care deeply about the characters and worlds that we build.
Along with more than 150 passionate people, you will be a part of the Global team based in Madrid, but will closely work together with your team members in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, Alicante & Barcelona.
What Makes Us Awesome
You mean aside that we are making games loved by players all around the world? (Seriously, we have some of the best fans in all of gaming) Or our beautiful office in Madrid, Barcelona, Alicante & Eindhoven with lots of welcoming, passionate colleagues? If that alone doesn't convince you, how about these great benefits.
- You will be joining a brand new greenfield project and you will have impact from the day you start. We're currently working on a new gaming genre combining solid RPG with Match3.
- Opportunity to become GameHouse's Free-to-Play Subject Matter Expert for all studio's
- Be free to build your own (International) career path as you grow into your role
- Make autonomous decisions.
- Competitive salary in a high quality of life city.
- Pension plan.
- Employee Book Buying Program.
- Sports program (½ off).
- Public transport card fully covered.
- We will provide you with a restaurant card that allows you to purchase a free lunch at places of your choice. This card will be reloaded every month with 9 euros/working day.
Not to forget ping pong tables, board game nights, video game systems scattered around the office and a fully stocked bar that we open every Friday afternoon to wind down after a busy week.
Why You're Awesome:
- You have 4+ years' of game design experience and you've shipped at least 2 free-to-play mobile games from inception to event-driven live operations.
- You understand the nuances and have experience in designing for specific target audiences
- You have advanced expertise in using data and insights to design and tune game economies, monetization, and Game balance
- Proactive attitude and fix-it mentality. You’ll take responsibility for the project and are not afraid to do tasks outside your role
- You have excellent English communication skills (written & spoken): You can make your designs understood all the time regardless of how complex they are.
- You have a valid EU-work permit
Bonus points for:
- Hands-on experience using third party game engines such as Unity or Unreal
- You understand the effect of Community in building games, and have participated in at least one game community in any platform.
- You have experience creating systems based around Gacha & Collection.
The process comprises at two (selection) rounds, a personality, and skills test. If you reside internationally we will fly you in to meet us face-to-face and get an impression of the great location and city!
Do you share our passion for creating casual story driven games and care deeply about the characters and worlds you build? Take your place in a passionate but humble team of experts and put your stamp on the future of our games.
For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.