Omnidrone is a rapidly-growing start-up partnered with top US publisher Scopely to make the next generation of hit mobile games. Based in the heart of Barcelona with the Mediterranean and the Sagrada Familia on either side, Omnidrone is bringing together the best and brightest game makers in the world to create unforgettable player experiences.
Omnidrone is seeking an experienced game designer with in-depth knowledge of mobile games to design innovative features and content. The ideal team member is creative, detail-oriented in documentation, and an excellent collaborator across multiple disciplines. Additionally, they should be able to analyse competitors to form new designs and improve on existing comparable games.
As a Feature Designer, you will regularly collaborate with and report directly to the Lead Game Designer. You’ll forge game-play visions with the entire design and development team. Your work will span a comprehensive design process: Concept, documentation, idealisation, pitch, development, tools, and content support.
What will you do?
- Be the brain and heart of the designs you’re creating.
- Drive for clever designs that will surprise and delight players.
- Craft scalable game structures that support 2+ year player life-cycles.
- Directly own and contribute on new game pitches to the development team.
- Cultivate the best player experience by designing with a player-first mentality.
- Solve complex design issues with eloquent solutions and reasoning.
- Coordinate with UX, Production, Art, QA and Engineering on Feature deliverables.
- Partner with product management for KPI targets and align on monetisation strategies
What are we looking for?
- A limitless passion for games.
- Contribution on multiple top 100 grossing free-to-play casual-midcore/social games.
- 3+ years experience as a mobile game designer.
- Experience configuring game content such as characters, events, tutorials, and more.
- A comprehensive understanding of the mobile games market.
- Commitment to tracking and understanding emerging trends.
- Observation of the market and competitors to challenge your own design philosophies.
- Incredible energy and the ambition to create great game-play experiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Permanent work permit for Spain is mandatory.