Senior Game Designer in Barcelona
Ready for your next adventure?!
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. We are proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family, and we are on a mission to offer a great gaming experience and bring fun to everyone!
Socialpoint is currently looking forward to welcoming a Game Designer for our Live Games that have surpassed 500M installs and 1B$ in revenue with the objective to lead the Economy of the game and help the Game Leads to keep growing!
What this mission will ask of you:
- Design systems and/or features for a live or new game for the mobile market.
- Transform high-level goals into detailed specifications that developers can understand and execute.
- Cooperate with multidisciplinary team, providing design inputs and own designs from concept to launch.
- Present proposals for games or features. Work closely with product team to define goals and follow up on results.
- Iterate on your idea, fine tuning features and testing by yourself and with your team & players until you make them great.
- Perform balancing on areas of the game as needed (combat, progression, rewards, controls, etc.)
Along with your team, you will be free to innovate, take risks, try, fail, try again, learn & grow. You will have ownership over your own process & you will inspire & be surrounded by inspiring professionals.
To join our Guild you'll need:
- You are passionate about games and have an intuitive and deep sense for fun.
- Excellent communication and team-player attitude. Always open to collaborating and getting feedback.
- Great focus and organization, able to take problems one by one and solving them before moving to the next one
- Ability to abstract problems and think in terms of systems, functions and experience
- Strong numerical skills and experience with visualizing numbers in a readable format (graphs, etc)
- Extensive knowledge of the mobile gaming market and familiar with popular titles
- Understanding of free-to-play mechanics, monetization and best practices
- Extensive background as a gamer (especially on mobile but PC/console/tabletop is a bonus)
- 4+ years experience in game design, 1+ years on a live game with at least 1 full release cycle
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
Bonus if you:
- Familiar with conceptualizing, setting and running AB tests
- Analytical mindset and understanding of basic product KPIs
- Knowledge and experience with complex in-game economies
What's in it for you as a Socialpointer?
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office in Barcelona so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here).
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays.
- A very generous ticket-restaurant to restore some life-points.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, to keep your health bar full.
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet).
- Free language lessons (English & Spanish ).
- Spotify Premium to add that special soundtrack that every adventure deserves.
- Legendary social events & parties to let off some steam.
- Players develop…Oops, sorry! People development is key for us: an amazing budget just for you to spend skilling up your abilities & knowledge to achieve real growth opportunities!
Coming to work in the office? Don’t worry - we have you covered. Check out some of our onsite benefits:
- Want to stay in shape? We have state of the art gym facilities so you can level up your build stats.
- A massive gaming room equipped with all consoles and games you could ask for.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist for your aches and pains.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet; it's a Guild perk).
The list just goes on & on... so get your game on & apply now! Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.