It's not just about making code that works, we're passionate about crafting quality software which translates to applying Extreme Programming practices and Software Craftsmanship values in continuous delivery.
We are stack agnostic although we have a slight preference for OOP languages, what are yours?
What else? Easy to summarize: we are passionate about learning and love to share knowledge, internally and externally! Our horizontal structure allows for a true collaborative environment, with trust and transparency which also enable autonomy at work. You can truly have an impact on how the organization works and get involved in different areas of the business, you're not limited by a job title.
We aim at creating a more sustainable and adaptable future via well-crafted software and positive cultural change. Not only as a partner for our clients but also as an employer/a great place to work so read on!
We are looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer / Software Developer (we call ours Software Craftspeople) who shares the same values of pragmatism, professionalism and transparency that we do. Our physical Spanish office is based in Barcelona but you can also work remotely from anywhere else in Spain!
Perhaps you’ll work on a client project from our offices with our team delivery approach. This may be a greenfield project for a startup, or helping to build a mission-critical system for a large enterprise client. Perhaps you’ll work as an embedded craftsperson, working within our client's existing development to help them to get better at writing their own software. Or maybe you're more interested in helping to introduce the values of Craftsmanship to an organisation through coaching & mentoring.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A high level of English and/or Spanish (spoken and written)
- Comfortable with OOP (Object Oriented Programming)
- Familiarity with a cloud solution (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Familiarity with concepts of multi-layer application designs
- Quality-oriented: follow best practices (Testing (ideally TDD), pair programming, continuous integration/deployment, Agile methodologies) and SOLID principles
- Experience with mentoring team members or leading a project/team.
What else about your profile?
- You are passionate about writing and improving (clean) code and systems.
- You are a true team player with a collaborative approach, sharing knowledge, humbly learning from others too.
- You are curious and love learning new technologies, techniques and approaches.
What's in it for you?
- Transparency - all of our salary bandings and company finances are available to everyone from day one.
- Autonomy - got an idea? Form an Initiative Circle, take ownership, run with it, and see it through to delivery.
- Our People - You’ll be working alongside Craftspeople who share your interest in learning, whether that’s on a client project or contributing to our internal projects.
- Personal Learning Budget - Access to Learnerbly, our online learning & development tool, to support your personal development and career progression here.
- Training - No fixed training budget. So long as the course is relevant for the company and you'll do a lightning talk on the subject, we’re happy to pay for it.
- Working 100% remote (even after this pandemic ends!)
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Ticket restaurants (retribución flexible)
- Gym discounts
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the EU. However, we are not able to sponsor visas or provide relocation assistance for this role.
Everyone should have the right to bring their whole self to work and be celebrated for who they are. Our people are hired purely on their commitment to these values and their ambition to deliver outstanding results for our clients. Codurance is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace.