Dare to jump? Are you interested in joining a hyper growth SaaS scale-up in Amsterdam? After a further $15mn of funding, team expansion is of key importance for us. Harver, an unusual recruitment software company is searching for a Senior Frontend Engineer who’s ready to dive into frontend projects straight away and help us disrupt an industry. How would you feel about broadening your skill set and learning on-the-go, all while creating something that really matters?
Stack: React.JS, Node.JS (ES6 & Typescript), Express,GraphQL, MongoDB, AWS & Lambda/Docker. Cucumber/Jest for testing and Jenkins for CI/CD.
WHO ARE WE?
Harver's SaaS product helps global companies like Netflix and Booking.com build better, more diverse, inclusive teams. How? Our software uses scientifically backed data to make hiring decisions based on skills. We imagine a world where teams are hired based on ability and personality and not on their resume. Check out our product being utilised by Netflix and Heineken.
We have just under 100 employees globally, 60 in Amsterdam, rising to 75 before the end of the year. After recent series B $15mn funding injection, it’s fair to say that everyone here is excited about the future of Harver.
YOUR NEW OFFICE
Just imagine.. after a short walk from Central Station, Rik (our legendary Office Manager) will show you our magical views of the IJ from the 7th floor. There's space for you to sit in the sun (on swings) and there are delicious, free and healthy lunches!. You'll soon meet the sky diver, the DJs, the Game of Thrones enthusiast, the judo guy, the painter and board game fanatic. Your first task; figure out who’s who.
WHAT WILL YOU DO AS OUR NEW SENIOR FRONTEND ENGINEER
Well, you will be bringing plenty of frontend expertise, but you will be doing much, much more - this isn’t a corporate. Gerald, our Principal Engineer and hiking enthusiast explains “our role is all about making things easier to do in the future”. Together with your teammates and, Phil our Engineering Head, who loves tech such as; GraphQl, MobX and React, you will impacting our business and disrupting the industry by:
- Delivering frontend experiences worthy of enterprise delight
- Guaranteeing the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Delivering actionable visualizations that excite
- Choosing the right Frontend libraries and the realization of a solid frontend architecture
- Safe-guarding our enterprise product quality
- One of your projects, together with your team will be to transition us from Angular to React
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES TO BE A FRONTEND SENIOR DEVELOPER
- You’ll hold a BSc or MSc in computer science or a similar subject or you will bring awesome experience
- Your understanding of good engineering practices is strong
- You will bring experience with React, as well as experience with Es6 / TypeScript
- You will be an evangelizer of solid development practices (BDD, CI/CD, TDD)
- You'll have experience in rolling out products to production teams including minification, dependancies management and version management
- You have the ability to self manage and take care of changing requirements
- Your hands-on approach to products ensures you 'make it happen'
- You like to fail, succeed, and learn together whilst also having fun too
- You believe in building a culture of testing (we'd love it if you've used Jest/Cucumber/Mocca/Chai)
- Experience with Frontend state management
NICE-TO-HAVE ATTRIBUTES TO BE A FRONTEND SENIOR DEVELOPER
We'd love for you to bring experience from a SaaS startup or scale-up, ideally within the B2B industry. This typically means that you have worked in agile teams (kanban ideally) and can keep up with the quickly changing demands. It would be awesome if you brought angular experience (to help us transition away from it). AWS, Lambda and Jenkins knowledge would also be very useful.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- A position within Amsterdam’s most promising startup(not our words)📰
- Working on the frontend for global clients like Netflix, Heineken, Booking and Vodafone ❤️️
- Working within an Amsterdam office and team of 60 with 19+ nationalities 🗺
- Very good relocation packages from EU and non-EU ✈️
- The latest MacBook 💻
- Employee stock appreciation rights program 📈
- Personal development budget 💰
- Commuting allowance 🚂
- Employer pension contribution 👵
- Healthy lunch 🥗
- A breathtaking view from our 7th floor office 🔭
- Free in-house Nutritionist (from time-to-time!) 🍔
- The opportunity to join HarverFIT 🤸
- The chance to watch Sci-Fi films with your colleagues 🎥
- You'll be landing on the right side of history 🙌