TrueLayer’s Front End Developer will be an active contributor of both code and creativity. You will work in our Design team and build products that are functional to use, beautiful to see, and solidly written. We count on our Front End Developer to also be the bridge that connects our Design team to our Back End team.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access
the financial data of their customers, securely and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. Our goal: to power the new era of financial innovation.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Design and Back End teams.
- Transform graphic mock-ups into beautifully coded Front End Product.
- Follow code style-guides and contribute to their documentation and evolution.
- Deal with markup, responsive design and browser limitations.
- Bring new insights to the team and find ways to implement them.
- Improve the efficiency and technical offering of our product and our development process.
- Stay current on trends and technologies related to desktop and mobile applications.
- Provide feedback and solutions to improve our products’ UX/UI.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have 4+ years of experience;
- Are an expert in HTML, HTML5, CSS3, Git;
- Are skilled in Bootstrap3 / Familiar with Bootstrap4;
- Are specialised in Flexbox, CSS Grids and best practices to create responsive design;
- Have experience with CSS-only animations and SVG animations;
- Are able to articulate in a simple manner, a complex technical issue;
- Have strong analytical skills, and are able to explain how TrueLayer works to a wide range of audiences;
- Are familiar with technical concepts, including different types of programming languages;
- Have a user-first attitude;
- Are able to empathise with users and developers alike, and elevate their voice in internal decision making, helping us build a user-centric culture;
- Have the ability to prioritise demands in a fast-paced environment;
- Are pro-active and self-starting;
- Are willing to take ownership over new features and ship new functionality with minimal support;
- Enjoy being part of a small team and are actively thinking of ways to enhance our processes, our internal tools, and the way we work.
Nice to haves:
- Data Visualisation Enthusiast;
- Familiar with Jira;
- Knowledge of ES6 and TypeScript;
- Connoisseur of ReactJS / Familiar with Redux.
What you need to send to us:
- A note on why you want to work for TrueLayer and what makes us attractive in your next career step;
- A sample of projects;
- A LinkedIn profile and/or GitHub profile.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!