You probably remember Playtomic from the two offers we published in September: Senior Product Manager and Senior UX Designer. But if you don’t, let me introduce you the largest sports booking app and SaaS for sport venues in Europe: more than 100,000 active users, 3,000 courts available to book at 850 clubs, in Spain they’ve got 80% of the paddle tennis market, reaching the 100% in Madrid… Amazing numbers!
There are almost 50 people in Playtomic but it’s run as a startup: the dynamic environment, agile teams, pragmatic approach to technology and a big goal. They want to socialise sports practice through the app (available in Google Play and Apple Store), where players not only book courts but find other players with similar skill levels, and join a social community.
This time they are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to join a new team they are creating. If you also happen to be an enthusiastic football or paddle tennis player… This is the JOB OF YOUR LIFE because they encourage everyone to play 🎾
If you love building cool products, use the right technology in each moment, launch and iterate… this is your chance and we’ll go with your through the whole process to make sure you SHINE and succeed :)
What you’ll do
You will work on the frontend for Playtomic’s new B2B tool. This new B2B tool makes it easier than ever for sport facility managers to run, manage and understand their business. This critical tool connects their facilities and their availability with Playtomic’s end-user consumers in the web and mobile applications.
Not only that, you will work also in Playtomic’s internal tools that help serving better their B2B customers and their needs.
After 1 month...
You’ll have a clear vision of the current platform, the different features and the technical challenges for the upcoming months.
You’ll know all your colleagues, who prefers paddle tennis to tennis and you’ll get along as a team. And of course, your code will be already running in the customers’ instances, because you’ll start right away with your pull requests.
After 3 months...
After these three months you’ll be an advanced user in all the features of the platform, already knowing what parts need a refactor and which ones should be built from scratch.
Hopefully you'll have played, and WON, some matches against your peers, but no bad feelings if you lose, you’ve got time to improve and beat them.
After 6 months...
Major releases happened during these six months and the new version of the platform is up and running. You are not the new kid on the block anymore because the team’s grown and your backhand improved too 🎾
How you’ll do it
You’ll be joining a brand new team with colleagues from the Helsinki and the Madrid office, and don’t worry, you’ll play with them often because they frequently travel to Madrid.
This team will be in charge of creating the new version of a B2B tool, so you’ll be a key part of the architectural decisions, discussions and implementations.
You’ll work closely with the product and design teams to decide which new features are to be included in the releases. In Playtomic work comes with short cycles, so within four to six weeks you’ll check first hand if that new feature you implemented is rocking 🤘🏻
Who you’ll do it with
- Rubén Martín Pozo (CTO) - Rubén has more than 20 years of experience, and he’s been the CTO for the last 2.5 years. He loves playing video games or even implementing his own ones :)
- Pedro Clavería (CEO) - Pedro is the CEO and co-founder of Playtomic. If he’s not in the office, he’s probably surfing 🏄♂️
- Pablo Carro (COO) - With over 15 years of experience in the marketing and business side, Pablo is the COO and co-founder of Playtomic. And he loves paddle tennis 🤟🏻
When you’ll do it
They are both fans of the flexible schedule and open to remote time, the perfect mix. This way you’ll be able to balance the time spent with your family and the life at Playtomic.
Where you’ll do it
Playtomic’s offices are close to the Santiago Bernabéu football stadium (Paseo de la Castellana 93), maybe the most renowned sports stadium in Spain. Although to play a match with your teammates you’ll visit different clubs in the city :)
What they ask for
Here’s the list of what they expect from you:
- An interest in building UIs with modern tools like ES6, React, Redux, Webpack.
- Experience with working Typescript. This requirement is key, do you know how to wire up TypeScript with React?
And they’d love if you have:
- An ability to think through customer requirements to come up with high-impact ways of quickly solving their problems
- A passion for performance, accessibility, and API design
- A high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience
- Attention to the details
What they offer
- €45-60K gross salary depending on your experience and skills
- Inspirational international and fun team to work with
- Success-driven and motivational work environment
- Chance to witness and be part of a fast growing success story 🌠
- Opportunities to grow in the role and within the organisation
- Top-of-the-line office space in Madrid
- Apple devices (ask what you need)
- Flexible working hours
- Coffee and fruit in the office
- Intensive workday in summer
- Restaurant tickets or its equivalent in health insurance
- Flexibility to attend events or organize events right in the office
- Several all-hands during the year where they play paddle tennis, enjoy the swimming pool or just have a drink:)
- Board games nights every month (nerd alert 🚨)
How do I apply?
If you are already in Manfred, just call us. If you are not, fill out this form. Please, indicate in your “Dream Job” that you apply for the Senior Frontend position at Playtomic, thanks!
This process is managed by Gorka so if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ping him email@example.com.
Health & Fitness