You will work with the rest of your Scrum team to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works, and always ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from and to these products.
Here are a few of the things you’ll do:
- Design and development of the new user-facing features for our core IoT products, making sure our applications function properly (including scalability, efficiency, resilience, fault tolerance and data security techniques)
- Work closely with Back-End devs & designers, product owners, and other team members to implement complex end-to-end systems
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Use technical skills to close the gaps between new requirements and the WorldSensing products.
- Rigorous commitment to documentation, quality engineering, testing, and support.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics or Information Technology is desirable
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, preferably Git.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- You’re passionate about IoT & technical challenges. There should be something you know more about than anyone on our team
- Strong analysis and practical problem-solving abilities to resolve challenging situations
- You communicate with clarity and precision. We care about this almost as much as your technical ability.
- You’re an empathetic person who is comfortable with changes and is an incredibly fast learner and have a can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
What we offer you:
- Permanent work contract
- Great work environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- We love to learn and we love to share so you will actively participate in our knowledge sharing groups (communities, tech chapters, show and tell, forums)
- Develop new ideas and really test them by participating in our annual Hack Weeks
- Monthly teamwork activities
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping the Smart City ecosystem and pioneering the Industrial Internet.