Senior Front-end Engineer in Barcelona or Remote
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to join our growing SaaS (Treatwell Pro) division focused on UI / UX. Your principal focus will be the Warehouse team in which you will help the team with new features and design consistency by developing atomic components.
Here in the Treatwell Product & Tech team we’re a nice bunch and we love to ship products. We believe in Agile principles and values, and our teams follow Scrum. We love DDD and we are on the path towards building a highly scalable system composed of continuously deployable applications. We like to use the right tech for the job but we don’t get seduced by the latest shiny fads.
The current challenges include covering and sharing ownership of our System Design and keeping up with feature requests on a brand new project.
Our current tech stack includes React TypeScript / Redux / Emotion.js plus some proprietary tools for React data synchronisation with our backend through Restful API. We use Storybook / Cypress / React Testing Library and Jest.
You will be responsible for:
- Advocating user-centric design and Atomic Design principles.
- Building UI library components from scratch to meet design specifications.
- Working alongside the design team to build the Treatwell Design system.
- Pairing with engineers and designers from different teams.
- Working as part of an Agile team writing and shipping high quality code frequently.
- Working on a variety of exciting technologies (Typescript / React, Redux, CSS-in-JS (Emotion), Github / Github Packages managed by Lerna.
- Deploying the application through automated pipelines in CI/CD and monitor it using Sentry and Google Analytics for business metrics.
- Do whatever you can to help your team meet or exceed its goals and you will drive incremental improvements in both the way we work and the software we deliver.
- Helping us to realise this vision and accelerate the journey, knowing what great technology looks like and mentoring our existing team.
- You’ve written Typescript professionally.
- Self-starter who works equally well independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Curiosity for how things work under the hood.
- You have a strong experience with React and you know how to build high quality and reusable components.
- You’ve worked with some of our tech stack and can learn the rest very quickly.
- You’ve been part of a high-performing, autonomous Agile development team that delivers continuously.
- You get a kick out of mentoring and empowering the team around you.
- You have a deep understanding of how distributed applications are designed and built.
- You know good technical design when you see it and ensure quality is embedded in the software development process.
- You are meticulous about details and can faithfully report the requirements of the design.
- You are able to advise the design team on the most technically comprehensive choices in order to achieve the best results.
Hi, we’re Treatwell. Nice to meet you.
We’re a team of 800 (and growing) passionate and brilliantly talented people across Europe. We’re the industry’s smartest salon management software, all connected to Europe’s leading booking platform, working with over 50,000 salon partners across 13 countries and processing over 8 million bookings every month. And….breathe.
But we’re not done yet. We’re on an exciting journey to digitally revolutionise the hair and beauty community.
If this excites you, we might have just the role for you.
We’ll treat you with:
- 28-days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Monthly 40 EUR Treatwell vouchers so you can treat yourself too
- Growth funds for you to develop and grow with your team
- A discount for gym membership
- 100% remote position with flexible working
- Annual Treatwell retreat to a sunny European destination
- All the tools / devices supplied to do the best job you can eg. laptop, monitor, keyboard, etc
Treatwell is an ‘Open to All’ employer and warmly welcomes everybody to the team. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process as required. Please add any adjustment requests to your application.
500 - 1,000