Join a well-established EdTech startup with over 350 million users worldwide and help students with their education — all from the comfort of home!
The Senior Front-end Developer will be responsible for building and maintaining our NX/NextJS toolchain and assisting with migration efforts. This person is also responsible for improving our static code analysis tools. The Senior Front-end Developer will also collaborate with other senior engineers to adopt new technology and tools to make our React engineers more productive. Lastly, this person will help design and participate in hackathons, conferences, and our new technology blog.
Are you willing to take ownership of developed solutions? Great! Do you have excellent organization skills? Awesome! Are you a detail-oriented expert when it comes to focusing on quality? Amazing! If you answered yes to these questions, you could be the perfect candidate for this role!
WHY ENGINEERING AT BRAINLY
- Enjoy a great engineering culture — we regularly conduct code reviews and schedule time for writing tests.
- Have an impact on every stage of the project, including requirement discussions, design, implementation, and delivery.
- Always go beyond! Our collaborative environment creates room for everyone to learn, improve, and take our engineering to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide technical leadership for our NX/NextJS migration team
- Maintain and develop our NX/NextJS/TypeScript toolchain
- Automate code analysis
- Maintain our FE Infra Metrics Dashboard
- Improve the developer experience
- Build and maintain our CI/CD pipelines
- Be a major contributor to our React framework and testing tools
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 7+ years building web/mobile-web applications
- 3+ years building React applications
- Solid TypeScript skills
- 3+ years building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Agile software development using Jira and Confluence
- Solid understanding of WebPack and Babel
- Expert in common React testing tools
- Experience with GraphQL and RESTful APIs
- Experience with at least one of the following: CircleCI, BitBucket, CodeDeploy, TeamCity, TravisCI
- Fluency in English
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- 1+ years as a Senior Software Developer
- 1+ years building serverless applications on AWS
- Experience with NX and NextJS
- AWS Lambda and DynamoDB
- AWS CDK
- JS Codeshift
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus in Poland, Andjoy in Spain)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but we also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- We will provide you with all the necessary equipment & tools, including an additional budget for accessories which will make your remote setup even more comfortable.
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups.
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 350 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.
Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments. Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO.