At Personio, your work transforms the way millions of people experience work every day. Join our Product & Technology team that drives our customer's outcomes by designing, developing and delivering innovative and high quality products. Be empowered to take ownership of your areas and make an impact on your team, our product, and our customers.
Personio is a modern all-in-one HR platform that customers love. As one of Europe’s fastest-growing technology companies, we are helping back-office teams across the continent become more effective, efficient, and strategic. Our core purpose is to enable better organizations by helping businesses put their people first.
The Payroll Domain is on a mission to make Personio the big player in payroll and offer a smart payroll solution that can handle any kind of employee and use HR specific data blended into payroll. Using our services, our customers save tons of money and time - and HR Managers can delegate the most complex tasks to us so they can gain peace of mind and focus on what really matters: people.
We are building our product around the employee lifecycle events, getting hired, getting promotions, getting married, leaving the company, and following the direct implications of these lifecycle events - for employees, managers, and HR managers.
Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers, and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2023. Join us and help shape the Payroll Domain journey for Personio.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
What you will focus on:
High-performing teams: Manage a team directly and also provide influence and leadership to other teams within Payroll. Build driven and high-performing teams by driving delivery and focusing on the development of our engineering managers and engineers
Maximizing impact: collaborate closely with your partners in product and design to define and execute the most impactful initiatives
Architecture: work closely with your team leadership to provide feedback on architecture and approach. Enable your team to deliver scalable, maintainable, and secure products.
Engineering culture: build and influence a culture of ownership, autonomy, and inclusivity, not just within your teams but the whole department
Technical excellence: leverage your technical skills to build engineering excellence within your teams that promotes and implements engineering best practices
Growth: Continuously coach and grow talent within the teams, with a particular focus on tech leaders, managers and staff engineers
Performance: Ensure consistent and continuous performance management for all members of the teams and domain
Transparency: Drive and communicate the vision of the wider organization to your teams. Ensure information flow, and work closely with your leadership team to ensure goals of the company are clearly translated to the objectives of the teams
What you need to succeed:
5 years of hands-on people management experience. You’ve managed and grown high-performing teams by focusing on the engineering managers and engineers
Proven track record building teams that focus on impact, technical excellence, and transparency functioning as a strategic partner for the tribe as well as technical leadership
At least 1-2 years of experience managing Managers
You have the ability to lead and make decisions to push forward. You’re comfortable owning even the most ambiguous problems and defining the road ahead
You are data-driven in your decision-making
You lead from the front and are ready to roll up your sleeves to help your team in any way
You have a passion for building reliable distributed systems and have experience with microservices architecture
You have excellent communication skills. Within the team and across the organization, you can communicate transparently and effectively
You have excellent English language skills
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package – reevaluated each year – that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- 28 days of paid vacation, plus another additional day after 2 and 4 years (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- 2 Impact Days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society – one for an individual project of your choice and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Find your best way to work with our office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs
- Annual personal development budget for you to invest in your development via professional memberships, external certifications, conferences, and more
- Regular company and team events like All Company Culture Week and local year-end celebrations
- High-impact working environment with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Receive generous family leave, child support, mental health support, and sabbatical opportunities with PersonioCares
- Save money with corporate discounts across brands like Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, and more
- Choose between green mobility options, including a bike lease covered by Personio
- Monthly tax-free stipend of €162 to help cover food and public transportation expenses (Cobee)
- Private health insurance (company level plan): Access to Sanitas plan at a reduced employee cost (€43 for employees, spouse, or children)
- Access multiple fitness studios and sports facilities across Spain for €30 per month with a subsidized Gympass membership
- Free English and Spanish language classes
- A beautiful office in the heart of the city, complete with professional espresso machines, free drinks and snacks, and indoor and outdoor break spaces
Bring your best. Make your mark. We’re using technology to revolutionize the way HR operates so that we can transform the way millions of people experience work every day. We move fast, challenge the status quo, and support our people as they shape their careers.
With over 8,000 customers and a team of 1,700 in seven offices across Europe, now is the perfect time to join! We believe in hiring driven people who want to make an impact. So bring your best, and let’s build the future of HR technology together.
Personio is an equal opportunities employer, committed to building an integrative culture where everyone feels welcomed and supported. We #EmbraceUniqueness and understand that our diverse, values-driven culture makes us stronger. We are proud to have an inclusive workplace environment that will foster your development no matter your gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, education level, or race.
In 2019, tech consultancy GP Bullhound included Personio in a list of 50 European start-ups set to achieve a billion-dollar valuation over the next two years, giving them ‘unicorn’ status.