Eventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. As a Senior Engineering Manager you will inspire, mentor, and develop the team that builds beautiful, responsive, delightful and intuitive user interfaces that people are excited to use every day.
We're a people-focused Engineering organization: the women and men on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software (check out Britecharts as an example!). Our technology spans across web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems.
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Eventbrite, your focus is the development of our number one asset - our people. At Eventbrite, we put our Britelings first. You will support the career growth of our engineers, and continue to drive change and improvement within our organization. As a leader, you will support your team by providing context and connecting your team members with Eventbrite’s mission.
- 5+ years experience in engineering leadership and people management
- Strong technical background (+8 years) and ability to contribute to design and architectural discussions - coach first, player second
- Demonstrated ability to grow and lead high-functioning engineering teams
- Experience in recruiting a well-rounded, diverse technical team
- Experience working with a highly collaborative environment, driving a team who ships code to production oftenFocus on culture and leadership
- Develop a sustainable, healthy work environment which is both encouraging and challenging
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A Company focus on talent development
- Eventbrite full compensation & Perks plan
- Share options (your piece of EB pie!)
- Health & Wellness Program
- Remote work policy
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional development & training paths
- English speaking company
- International Career options
- A young dynamic team with a ‘let's make it happen’ mentality
- Team lunches and team offsites
- Lots of fancy snacks, fruits, drinks & happy hours
- A family-friendly environment
- Lunch at the office
- Pet Friendly
- Travel options to meet with your colleagues in San Francisco and other offices around the globe
Eventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.