Eventbrite has a world-class data repository of live events, with our platform powering millions of events and hundreds of millions of ticket transactions each year in 170+ countries. We employ a data-driven approach to understanding the needs of event organizers and attendees in order to build the best platform to serve those needs. We rely on a combination of data analysis and user research to inform our product roadmap, and make heavy use of experimentation to monitor the health of our product innovations and to measure their impact on our company’s objectives.
Our growing Analytics team is comprised of product analysts, business analysts, and pricing analysts. The Analytics team sits in a strategy role working to make sense of our structured and unstructured data with in-depth analyses that inform our product and business strategy.
- The product analysts work closely with our Product Development and User Research teams to provide data-driven insights to inform the product roadmap and product strategy. In addition, product analysts design the experimental framework we employ to measure the impact of new products on our company’s objectives.
- The business analysts work closely with Finance and Accounting to support forecasting, investor relations, and financial reporting.
- The pricing analysts use a data-driven approach to optimizing our pricing and packaging strategy across the many countries in which we compete.
As Eventbrite continues to grow, the types of questions we ask and the data we look at also grows, requiring us to work better and smarter. Our team of creative self-starters has no problem tackling unstructured problems with a lot of independence and articulating our insights to the business to drive impact.
We are looking for a Senior Director, Analytics to provide leadership, mentoring, and training for our team of analysts. This leader will help us to grow the team to have greater impact on the business. We believe that the best analytics leaders are also practitioners, so we are looking for an individual who will roll up their sleeves to dig into the data in order to derive detailed analyses while also providing guidance on best practices and driving consistency across the team of analysts. You will report to the Chief Data Strategy Officer and will work closely with our product development, finance, and pricing teams. You will be a key decision-maker in analytical and experimental tool selections. In addition, you will help drive consistency in how we execute experiments, perform analysis, and derive conclusions about whether our product work is ultimately having the desired impact on our high-level company objectives.
THE SKILL SET
- Seasoned analyst with 8+ years of industry experience
- Creative and highly analytical mindset
- Rigorous, critical, quantitative, inquisitive and insightful
- Entrepreneurial in nature--you’re resourceful and you have an eye for optimization
- Strong in MySQL
- Strong in Python/Jupyter Notebooks
- Strong experience with product experiment design and analysis
- Strong experience with a Product Analytics tool (such as Amplitude or Mixpanel)
- Strong experience with visualization tools like Tableau
- Strong experience working with large quantities of raw, disorganized data
- Experience as a people manager, mentor, or teacher
- M.A. degree or better in a technical field (CS/Math/Stats/Engineering)
- Experience with Hive or Spark
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
Eventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.