We are WIRIS, a software development company founded 20 years ago and headquartered in Barcelona, with offices in the USA, Long Beach (California) since we acquired the American company Design Science in 2017. WIRIS is continuously growing, not only in employee numbers, which keep increasing at double-digit rates, but also in terms of products.
We are currently more than 80 people revolutionizing the educational field with innovative products, enhancing our value proposition for our global customers such as NASA, Blackboard, Moodle, and Pearson among others; and our mission is to make people's STEM work more meaningful by creating software with deep knowledge in advanced technology and science.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to fuel our DevOps team in Barcelona and become a key player in managing and building a unified CI/CD strategy for the company. As part of the team, you will help design and push our technical roadmap and our transition to serverless.
- Designing and implementing a unified IaC and CI/CD strategy for all projects within the company (Terraform + Ansible).
- Designing and implementing a transition to serverless strategy within the company with the collaboration of both the DevOps team and the Board of Engineering.
- Providing expertise and insight when other teams and projects require it, particularly architecture and infrastructure for new projects.
- Participating in the design of DevOps short and long-term strategy, and the definition of the technical roadmap.
- Keeping services running (SRE) alongside the whole DevOps team.
- Keeping the technical documentation up to date.
- At least five years of experience working as SRE or DevOps Engineer.
- Strong experience in IaC with Terraform and Ansible.
- Strong experience with AWS ecosystem, such as API Gateway, Firehose, CloudFront, ALB, EC2, RDS, Lambda, CloudWatch, CodeDeploy.
- Strong experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions, Jenkins or TravisCI.
- Strong experience with virtualization tools such as Docker and VMWare.
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience with monolithic, clustered and serverless architectures.
- Experience working within an Agile framework.
- Knowledge of DevOps culture.
- English is a must. Decent knowledge of the language and proper writing skills.
Nice to have
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
What we offer
- Full-time permanent position.
- Competitive salary + optional flex salary plan.
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid work environment.
- Private health insurance.
- Birthday day-off in addition to your holidays.
- Unlimited access to Udemy Business.
- In-house English and Spanish lessons to improve your knowledge.
- A great work environment in Barcelona city center.
- All the coffee you can drink, fresh fruit, and yogurt.
Wiris is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We aim to create a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees, customers, and users. Our culture is the result of our behaviors, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant from underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and other candidates who may contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.