Barcelona or London (we have beautiful offices in both locations!)
Rakuten - European Technical Division (EUTD) is looking for an outstanding Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Ecosystem department, in London or Barcelona. Here is your chance to work in a multicultural and experienced team, with high visibility and significant customer impact, developing business critical web services that will greatly contribute Rakuten Ecosystem in Europe. The software we build will be used by multiple group companies’ users around the world on a daily basis. In this role you are expected to contribute to CI/CD solutions, selecting technologies and tools needed, solve complex problems, create reliable automatede pipelines and take ownership to deliver. Your insight will be important to strengthen both our team’s skills set and improve our processes. As a team we strive to be entrepreneurial: bringing together technology and business opportunity.
ABOUT RAKUTEN & EUTD:
Rakuten, Inc. is a global leader in internet services that empower individuals, communities, businesses and society. Founded in Tokyo in 1997 as an online marketplace, Rakuten has expanded to offer services in e-commerce, fintech, digital content and communications to more than 1.2 billion members around the world. The Rakuten Group has over 20,000 employees, and operations in 30 countries and regions.
As a company with teams distributed globally, we believe it is important to grow regional technology-focused communities that promotes collaboration and innovation. This is why Europe Technology Division (EUTD) was created, of which our Ecosystem department is part.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Maintain and improve CI/CD pipelines
- Deploy and support integration and production environments
- Install and configure production applications monitoring (logging, dashboards, alerts)
- Administer cloud infrastructure
- Participate in production issues troubleshooting
- Contribute to DevOps strategic changes together with your colleagues in Tokyo and Bangalore offices
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in relevant OPS or DEV position
- Hands-on experience in implementing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Bitbucket, Gitlab or similar)
- Working experience in containerisation and container’s orchestration – Docker + Kubernetes + Helm (preferable)
- Good command in Linux server administration (+ bash scripting)
- Working experience configuring NGINX/Kubernetes ingress
- Good knowledge in networking (firewalls, routes, NAT)
- Basic administration skills for RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (Redis)
- Working experience in cloud infrastructure administration (GCP preferable)
- Monitoring systems implementation experience (Prometheus + Grafana + ELK stack is preferable)
- Good communication skills
About Rakuten TV