Zinio is the essential Platform for the Digital delivery of the world’s best Magazine content.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us build, improve and scale up our hosted infrastructure, ensuring service availability and service levels expected of a worldclass IT company. We’re an ambitious bunch and need someone experienced in large-scale web application deployments. Configuration management and security should be top-ofmind and rolling out globally redundant, auto-scaling environments should excite you. If you’re up to the challenge of solving real-world problems for big-name clients in an exciting startup environment, we’ve got a great opportunity for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reporting directly to the Director of Operations.
- Managing all infrastructure deployments, both internal and cloud-based.
- Working with other system and database administrators in the systems group to maintain the service levels of all systems.
- Managing servers, applications, and all internal software used by the company.
- Defining configuration management and deployment procedures, including post-release monitoring and risk analysis.
- Coordinating, planning and deployment of major software releases, feature enhancements and bug fixes with various development groups.
- Recovering applications in the event of a hardware or software failure, and working on an on-call basis with other system administrators.
- Attending to system alerts on an on-call basis.
- Working with the systems administration team to complete capacity planning and scalability tests.
Your required experience:
- Minimum of 4+ years relevant work experience
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Great documentation skills
- Experience with highly scalable system is preferred
- Experience with Mesos and Marathon highly valued
- Experience with Docker or container concept highly valued
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS (Amazon), Rackspace or GCE
- Prior experience with configuration management using Chef, Puppet or Ansible expected
- Experience with CentOS, Apache, Nginx, MySQL, PHP, Load Balancing strong preferred
- Experience with Golang, Ruby or Python or any high level programming language is a plus
You’ll fit right in if you:
- Are enthusiastic and self-motivated with good decision-making skills.
- Speak up! We’re very open here, and we want to hear your opinions and ideas about how we can extend our products and do things better.
- Collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced agile environment.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Highly skilled team: Knowledge sharing and learning from your colleagues is strongly encouraged and lived.
- You will be part of a multicultural team. We have a fun and friendly international work environment.
We offer great benefits including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Team Building activities.
- Free fruit and beverages.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.
If you are interested, please apply sending a cover letter and CV in English with all data relevant to the position.