Who we are
At Lana Labs we build the next generation technology that aims to change the way companies do process analysis. We are passionate about building high quality software, always challenging ourselves to keep on learning and find solutions for new problems.
Our Process Mining engine is build on a modern stack of technologies that allow us to write high quality code fast and deliver answers to complex data mining problems to the user in real time.
Our international team includes experts in the domains of Business Process Management, Process Mining and Innovation Management, paired with strong knowledge in software development. We believe that working together, having fun together and supporting each other is essential to achieve our goal. We’d love you to join our Berlin-based team.
How we work
We write code in Elixir and our core mining component is Scala. We use a consistent functional style across languages and messaging systems with actor based concurrency to interoperate across services.
We communicate clearly about technical decisions and trade-offs in design and strive towards efficiency. We have a service oriented architecture that is intentionally not based on micro-services. We deploy our services both in the cloud and on-premise. We are agile. That means minimizing the amount of meetings and time wasted, for example we don’t have daily standups or scrum meetings. We discourage overwork.
As a backend developer you can expect to scope, design, and implement solutions with high levels of autonomy. You care about code quality, software design, and understand the importance of code reviews.
The field of Process Mining comprises interesting challenges from graph-processing to distributed systems architecture to code generation. We interface with big data technologies and machine learning. To show this to the outside world we use up-to-date web technologies.
Your contribution is important; expect to write and commit code on the first day!
Since we’re agile, you’re welcome to improve our internal processes.
What you should bring
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Strong foundations in functional programming (Erlang, Elixir, Clojure, Haskell, OCaml, Scala)
- Comfortable with data structures and algorithms for complex domains
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. OLAP, columnar databases, batch processing)
- Experience in web-development and API design
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies
Bonus points for experience with:
- JVM languages (Scala, Java)
- Distributed programming, actor systems
- DevOps mindset; Docker, Kubernetes
- Machine learning
- Flexible working hours
- Part time remote work supported
- A beautiful office in Berlin Kreuzberg
- Coffee, mate, weekly team-lunch
- A welcoming, international team
- For every new employee, we adopt a Magellanic penguin in a conservatory colony in Southern Chile
About Lana Labs