letgo's the largest app to buy and sell locally, with over 75M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings added by users. Named one of Wired’s “Hottest Startups” and among 2016’s “Best Apps” by Google, letgo’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Mashable, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. It’s the only app with artificial intelligence and image recognition that make posting something for sale as simple as taking a photo. Users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 165 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
We're looking for a passionate Database Reliability Engineer to join our brilliant and fun team in Barcelona! If you love dynamic start-up environments and want to be a part of a quickly growing international project, this role is for you.
To get there you´ll need:
- 5+ years experience with data or data related positions, preferentially in most of the technologies: AWS, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, and DynamoDB, HA DB tools
- Experience with Redis and Solr
- Used to dealing with production environments under heavy traffic
- Architecture knowledge, NoSQL, and RDBMS database
- Security & encryption of data
- Able to be in on-call rotations
- A natural curiosity for new scripting languages, frameworks, and technologies
- Give support to developers and be their mentor on best SQL/Database practices
- Analyse problems, propose solutions and apply the best technologies to implement them
- Work in a dynamic Agile environment and adapt to changes
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office along the beach in Barcelona (Palau del Mar, Barceloneta)
- Robust relocation package
- Private health insurance
- Massage therapy
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Tech conferences and language courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.