The New Relic One Dashboards / Data Visualization Team is growing, and we are looking for passionate front-end engineers with experience in the Data Visualization field to join us!
As part of this hybrid platform-product team, you’ll collaborate with Product and Design to define our charting library's new visualizations, write reliable and scalable code to implement them, and later on will use New Relic itself to monitor it all.
We value personal respect, work/life balance, learning from each other, ownership of code, and accountability at all levels.
We are a fully front-end team with a healthy balance of very experienced engineers and developers at the beginning of their career path, with a strong culture of autonomy, collaboration, ownership, and continuous improvement.
We own the UI of the next generation Dashboards product of New Relic, plus a number of supporting UI libraries to enable the rest of the company (with 60+ product teams) to build and render their own data visualization solutions.
- Optimize for codebase and product stability, and target use case growth
- Help us design the software in a way which allows us to produce highly performant and flexible user interfaces
- Keep learning and growing with us, pushing us to become a better team and a better company
- Experience with Data Visualization libraries such as D3, and general interest in data visualization
- Comfortable using native JS APIs, like performing raw DOM manipulations, traversals, etc.
- Knowledge about browser performance optimization and concept of reflows, repaints, viewpoint virtualization, the event-based JS model, etc.
- Familiar with data structures: to explain the difference between a Set and an Array, Maps, etc.
- Familiar with the SVG specification, HTML and CSS knowledge.
- Interest in learning new languages, platforms, and ideas
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment passionate about delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools, and methodologies
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic at www.newrelic.com/blog/how-to-relic/future-of-work.
New Relic currently has offices in Germany, Ireland, Spain, and the United Kingdom, and based on business needs may approve work in Belgium, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, UAE, and other locations throughout the region. Some of our opportunities are limited to specific hiring locations. Talk with your recruiter about your goals and how we can work with you in our Flex First approach!
Our hiring process
Qualified applicants may inquire about visa sponsorship. This position is to be filled as soon as possible.
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.