About the role:
We’re searching for a senior data scientist to lead our team of data scientists, specialising in back-end engineering and customer data analysis. You will play a leading role in developing our artificial intelligence enterprise SaaS application. The application will talk to multiple data sources, Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) simulation applications as well as our own data analytics engine.
Note: Responsibilities will grow & evolve based on your interests, capabilities & client needs.
● Lead and organise our team of data scientists to build our product robustly
● Work with clients to analyse customer needs and interpret big data challenges into a data science roadmap
● Work with UI designers to build an interactive, intuitive software
● Architect and implement new data analytics solutions into our own toolbox
● 3+ years professional data science experience in a startup or small business environment
● Deep knowledge of Python, including standard Python libraries (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn)
● Experience manipulating large data sets and drawing meaningful insights from multiple data sources, including time series and 3D object representations
● Knowledge and experience of machine learning techniques such as deep learning, clustering, decision trees, regression, and Bayesian modelling
● Knowledge of Bayesian statistics and probabilistic modelling
● Experience visualising and presenting data for stakeholders (e.g D3, ggplot)
● Experience assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
● Great attention to detail and the ability to solve complex problems
● Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other quantitative field
● Demonstrable experience working on client-facing projects
● Contributions to open source projects
● Passion for contributing to engineered products with AI to make a real impact
● Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Spark, Gurobi, etc.
● Experience with Tensorflow or PyTorch
● Experience with physical simulations and surrogate modelling
● Competitive salary
● Equity options
● Choose your own devices (computer & accessories)
● 25 days paid annual leave + 8 days public holiday
● 5 days of “on the beach” time (working remotely anywhere in the world)
● Generous maternity/paternity
● Annual company holiday (or two)
● Regular socials
● Cool offices
● Free lunch on Thursdays and Fridays, breakfast and drinks throughout the week, and discounted lunch Mondays to Wednesdays
● Work with amazing clients and gain an insight into the future of their products
How to apply?
Please email your CV to Kaitlyn@monolithai.com along with your answers to the following questions:
1. What recent tech development has interested you and why?
2. What do you enjoy working on in your spare time?
3. What caught your eye about this job advert?
4. Tell us something interesting about yourself.
5. What is your notice period and do you have the right to work in the UK?
Applicants without answers to these questions won't be considered. We are recruiting on a rolling basis, with immediate attention being given to applicants who are available immediately. Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered.
We are a group of the brightest minds applying cutting-edge machine learning technology to disrupt the way engineers work - by building the world’s first AI assistant for engineering. Our goal is to accelerate product development, from race cars to spaceships and everything in between. We’re already working with the greatest engineering companies and top investors to bring the future closer to the present. Our dream is to bring exponential growth to the mechanical engineering industry.
We are driven | We are honest | We are practical
We are humble | We’re in this together
About Monolith AI