About the job
The single most important and interesting thing in the world is the way decisions are made. Politics, business and day-to-day lives are governed by human decisions.
Are you interested in the way decisions are made? Do you agree good decisions are the fuel for better businesses and a better world?
In science, proper ways of judging data and relating data to the real world have been established for more than a century now. This allows scientists to infer more and more about our world.
Fortunately, companies increasingly want to base their decisions on sound reasoning about data. However, many decision makers require some help understanding their data and linking insights to decisions.
Are you a scientist and a great communicator? Would you like to impact decisions in large companies?
Since you are still reading this, you probably are :)
Why work as Senior Data Scientist for Mobiquity?
We can give you a few good reasons:
- Data science projects, there is no legacy BI work
- A small, smart and agile team
- An Amazon partnership provides you with a sandbox for experiments and work: no need to call IT!
- A partnership with the Free University to do research together
- The company that supports you is global and diverse, but not too big
- Big and diverse clients that face a variety of challenging problems
- Salary; and we do not pay standard market rates
Still reading? Great!
We are Mobiquity’s Data Science and Analytics team. We are based in the Amsterdam office, but Mobiquity is a global company. We love to build great models, tools and visualisations that help our clients make better decisions based on data.
What do you bring?
We do not focus on your degree, specific years of work experience or knowledge of specific tools. However, this is a senior role. We care if you are willing and able to:
- Join our team, join our projects, but also join our learning and fun.
- You have created interesting and beautiful products from data.
- Your products are expertly built using your favorite toolset.
- Tell compelling stories that make the relationship between data and the real world obvious to everybody.
- Your stories are based on scientifically sound research and razor-sharp analyses.
- You have confidence and experience telling these stories to business clients.
But, if you think we’re focusing on the wrong things, please tell us! We love to learn.Finally, for references, we have used these technologies and are constantly experimenting with others: R, Shiny, Python, SQL, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Amplitude, Jupyter, Dataiku, AWS (S3, EC2, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift).
We offer you a challenging environment, where you’ll work on technical innovative projects and learn a lot, both on the job, from colleagues and from our Mobiquity Academy with internal and external trainings. We work in small teams with start-up mentality.
Our office is based in Amsterdam and our benefit package consists of a competitive salary, health insurance compensation (€100,- per month), pension plan, 25 holidays, travel costs compensation, free fruit, Friday afternoon drinks and a unique membership of the mobsters. We are a global company and have clients in many countries, therefore a willingness to do a small amount of traveling is required
For knowledge migrants we offer help in obtaining a knowledge migrant status including the favorable 30% tax ruling for foreign knowledge workers in the Netherlands.
Working at Mobiquity means that sometimes you’ll be working outside your comfort zone, you’ll work with smart people, possibly some that are even smarter than you. We take on the complex challenges, the big tasks, and the 'never been done befores' of the world. We create what’s next.
Here’s what you need to do to apply: please upload your resume and details in the section below. Does it sound impersonal or is it too much hassle? You can also email our recruiter recruiter Yuliya Kazlova with your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org.