Who We Are:
- TokBox (part of Vonage), a leader in WebRTC technology, provides the leading cloud platform for adding live video, voice, and messaging to your web and mobile applications. We believe that integrating real-time communication into products should be simple, whether you’re developing an app for one-to-one calls, group chat, or large-scale broadcast.
Who We Are Seeking:
- The Data Infrastructure team is seeking an engineer passionate about the flow of massive amounts of data. We currently use real-time data for platform monitoring, debugging clients and servers, and providing visualizations to our customers to help improve their applications.The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
Your Role at TokBox:
- Architect and implement big data pipelines for TokBox by understanding our core platform.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Build tools to allow internal and external teams to visualize and extract insights from big data platforms.
- Drive key parts of the data mining and analysis algorithms, and use the insights derived from these in order to build out the next generation intelligent platform.
- Maintain the current pipeline and work closely with our DevOps team.
- Debug issues as they arise.
- Become our data evangelist and lead conversations around how we can derive more value out of our data and enable operational excellence.
- Work alongside multiple teams including Engineering, Business Analytics and Marketing.
Requirements Needed so You can be Successful:
- Experience building highly optimized big data data pipelines that have been deployed into production.
- Expertise working with unstructured datasets, building workflows and data transformations.
- Working knowledge on message queues, stream processing and scalable distributed data stores.
- Excellent verbal, communication, technical leadership skills and ability to coordinate activities across multiple teams.
- Experience with the following:
- Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- SQL and NoSQL databases - prefer MySQL, Cassandra or DynamoDB.
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR and S3
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Languages: Java
Nice to Have, but not Necessary:
- Knowledge on Hive, Flume, Logstash, ElasticSearch, Kibana.
- Working knowledge on Scala and Python.
- Knowledge or Interest in Machine Learning.
Tokbox company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.