Build Data Web Applications that power the Growth, GTM, Product, and Sales teams at NewRelic. We seek Senior Data Engineers who are passionate about building web-based data products that will enable the entire company to consume actionable insights.
We are a fast-growing Data Engineering & Technology team building an “internal-facing data product” with a bold, ambitious vision to build the core data foundation needed to run a successful consumption business. We build core data products, promote data-driven culture, democratize insights through self-service, and establish a single source of truth in business and customer metrics.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location
Here are a few potential project examples:
- Data modeling platform for our analysts;
- Data quality monitoring system built into our pipelines;
- Knowledge discovery tool to help our co-workers find out where and how to ask questions that can be answered by our data.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience as a Data Engineer
- Expertise in the Data Engineering tech stack, including Python or Scala, data warehouses (we use Snowflake), SQL, and relational databases
- Experience with Snowflake
- Delight in building innovative tools that are a joy to use
- Exposure to any/some/all of the following: dbt, Docker, CI/CD systems
- Desire for high code quality, automated testing, and other aspects of engineering excellence
- Experience working with data lakes and data processing systems that operate across a large organization and that make use of technologies such as Spark, Hive, or Presto
- Have strong opinions, weakly held and rooted in personal experience. You can easily disregard prior held biases and opinions in the face of new information and use cases
Our hiring process
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.