Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust.
Satellogic’s low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost. The company makes sense of the data so customers can focus on the big decisions at hand.
Our satellite engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We bring space down to earth for large enterprises and governments of all sizes who need to see for themselves how our world is changing.
Satellogic. Now you see.
About the Job
For this role in the Platform and Infrastructure team, we are looking for an experienced Cloud engineer with expertise architecting complex distributed solutions, who is always looking to learn about new technologies. The ideal candidate must be passionate about infrastructure architecture, cloud-native solution design, containers and similar technologies.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Design and review of architectures, and deployment of services in cloud environments.
- Evaluation of cloud strategy and platform architecture.
- Gathering system requirements, working together with application architects and owners, collaborating with software engineers to enable their applications to run on cloud-native infrastructure.
- Generating scripts and templates required for automatic provisioning of resources, using Infrastructure as Code.
- Discover standard cloud service offerings, install, and execute processes and standards for optimal use of such offerings.
- Debugging technical issues inside a complex stack, involving virtualization, containers, microservices, etc.
- Establishment, maintenance and evolution of continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for existing and new projects.
What we value:
- Deep understanding of containerized solutions and their orchestration, especially using Kubernetes.
- Experience working with public cloud providers like AWS and Azure; ideally having gained certifications.
- Deep understanding of networking and storage technologies both in the cloud and on-premises environments.
- Experience with infrastructure automation using shell scripting, Ansible and similar. Experience working with infrastructure as code using Terraform, AWS CDK and similar.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems administration, support and security.
- Experience with a variety of observability solution for infrastructure and application; Experience with Elastic Observability is especially desirable.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.