Verse is a venture-funded startup headquartered in Barcelona. We’re a global payments technology platform: our beautiful product lets people pay each other back instantly. And it’s working, people loves sending money with Verse and we’re evolving the way the world pays. From our founding in 2015 to our launches in over 15 countries today, Verse’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to revolutionize digital payments. If you want to have a huge impact on the world, this is the place to be!
About the role:
Love Payments? Love software engineering? Join the Verse engineering team!
We are looking for more great engineers who are passionate about building excellent user experiences to help us connect the universe through payments.
As a Verse Senior Backend Engineer you will create delightful software for all of our users around the world. You’ll own the back-end development for one or more projects and tackle tough design and product problems alongside other world-class engineers. Our Back-end team uses the latest technologies (Go, Python, Kubernetes) and we’ll need your expertise to keep us at the cutting-edge by rapidly developing, fast, and secure experiences for our users.
What you’ll do:
- Write clean code to develop functional web APIs
- Do code reviews and care about code quality
- Write technical specifications, evaluating the trade-offs
- Help maintain the infrastructure (monitoring, logging) and deployment pipelines
- Have ownership of your work, from design to deployment and operation.
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable products
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Collaborate with our app developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Write unit and integration tests for your code
- Collaborate and work well with the team members
Who we're looking for:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or similar experience in technical field
- Excellent coder, who writes clean and maintainable code
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs
- Experience operating a Kubernetes cluster
- Experience designing robust relational data models
- Motivation when faced with tough technical challenges
- Love of learning and passion when it comes to helping others
Nice to have:
- Work experience programming in Go and/or Python (Django)
- Good understanding of SQL
- Monitoring with Prometheus/Grafana
- Experience writing distributed systems using queues (eg: RabbitMQ)
- Experience in Google Cloud Compute
- Background in the fintech industry
- Excellent place to work
- Amazing offices in the city center of Barcelona
- Being part of a talented, multicultural and dynamic team
- Flexible working hours
- Healthy lunch, fresh fruit, juices, and coffee whenever you want
- Training / Meetups / Teambuildings / Events
- Stock Options
- Referral Bonus