WHO ARE WE?
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to take the hassle out of payments at work. We’re based in Paris but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 with eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivvy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 1200+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised two rounds of funding: our first €8 million came from European angels and VCs, just 12 months after our first €2 million.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 13 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
When we’re not coding, writing, demoing, and helping answer questions, you’ll find us eating sushi, playing Nerf war, traveling abroad, and having drinks after a good day of work.
Our team values
*We’re all owners
*Go for it boldly and without fear of failure.
*Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
*Proactively seek out ways to grow.
*Always run the extra mile
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Implement secure, reliable and scalable solutions will be on top of your priorities! Your work will focus on improving our technical architecture and developing end-to-end features, and you'll be responsible of all aspects of them: technical design, development, testing, documentation, deployment, maintainability.
You will also be a mentor for the junior members of the team and show them how you can ship beautiful code in a blink ;)
You will be part of one of our squads (1 Product Manager / 1 Product Designer / 4 Developers) that hates the comfort zone, moves fast and deals with trade-offs all the time.
And because your work is not only about writing code, you will be a great team player with a high degree of collaboration: making the team better everyday is your mantra!
Needless to say that by joining our team as software engineer you'll get to work closely with anyone across the company and every decision you'll make may have a huge impact. Exciting, isn't it?
* React and Redux for our front-end
* Babel and Webpack to transpile ES6 code
* Sass for CSS processing
* Native mobile apps (Swift and Kotlin)
* Node.js (http://node.js/) for our backend applications
* REST and GraphQL APIs
* MySQL for data storage, Redis for some cache
* Travis CI for continuous integration and AWS for hosting
* At least 4+ years of experience in back-end development with respect to state-of-the-art practices
* Strong experience with NodeJS on large scale backend applications
* Strong experience in designing distributed and secure systems
* Good knowledge in micro-services architectures
* Good knowledge in relational databases concepts and SQL
* Good knowledge in designing, building and maintaining APIs
* Comfortable with DevOps aspects
* Autonomy, fast-learning and proactiveness
* You are a HACKER: you are comfortable with ambiguity, you love technical challenges, to prototype and to find creative ways to solve problems in the shortest timeframe.
* You are a DOER: “tomorrow” is not part of your vocabulary. You get shit done!
* We are looking for talented and passionate engineers to help us build and scale our application. If you love building and designing efficient and reliable products and mentoring people this job may well be for you! Having a 1st work experience in a FinTech start-up is a plus 😉
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
* Key moment to join Spendesk in term of growth and opportunities 🚀
* Competitive salary, based on experience 💸
* Open for remote 🔭 and hours friendly 🕰
* The laptop of your choice 💻
* Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit🤘
* The most incredible team in town 👫👯👬
* 13 Nationalities, half of the company don't speak French. 🇩🇪🇬🇧🇦🇹🇲🇦🇩🇿🇧🇪🇨🇮🇮🇪🇺🇸🇦🇺🇳🇿🇰🇿🇫🇷
* Cool offices located in the Silicon Sentier (75010, Paris)
* Free snacks and coffee ☕
* Gifts powered by Briq, our internal virtual currency 🦄
* Thursday's beers 🍻with the team
* Lunchr cards 💳🍽
* Transportation (50%)
Want to take it to the next level? Join us now 🚀