What will you be doing?
At Ontruck, we are building products that solve a real problem in our current society: lack of efficiency in the road transport freight.
You, as an Engineer, will be responsible to develop and improve our current product and services participating across all of the phases of the software development cycle. You will solve complex problems in order to make our platform more efficient and scalable.
This cross functional role will give you the opportunity to collaborate with Engineers, Product and Business using lean methodologies. Therefore, you will get involved early in the Product Design process, meaning you will make an impact helping to decide what we build and how we build it.
- You're not afraid of tough challenges, both product-wise and technical, and like to contribute your views.
- Solid experience in back-end development and proven experience building and optimizing RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge designing and developing new services as we separate products from the monolithic platform and build a system that scales.
- You care about the product you're building and the problem you're solving, not just about the technology you're using. You take pride in choosing the best technical solution for a problem by taking all constraints into account, instead of chasing the latest shiny not-ready-for-production technology for the sake of it.
- You appreciate modern development techniques such as code reviews, pair programming or mob programming. You are polite when reviewing other people's work and take it well when you get feedback on yours.
- You enjoy working in a team. You are able to take into account other peoples’ solutions and proposals as well as pitch your ideas to your colleagues.
- You have a degree (self-learned might work as well but elaborate on how you got your knowledge in computer science) in something like math, engineering or physics and you have significant knowledge in computer science, networks, algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- We have a decoupled architecture, based on REST APIs and asynchronous services. We work with React in the frontend platforms (customers and admin), native in mobile apps (truck drivers), Python/Django in the transactional backend and Elixir for real-time functional needs. Our DB is PostgreSQL and the queues run on RabbitMQ.
- We use a dedicated ERP to avoid reinventing the wheel there and we also have built a DWH/Analytics platform which takes advantage of external solutions.
Other relevant information
- Opportunities for personal growth and learning, every single day.
- A flat, laid-back culture. Everybody is encouraged to participate in discussions and contribute.
- High-trust environment. We believe in giving autonomy to all our employees.
- Competitive salaries and stock options packages. We want everyone to have ownership and participate in company success.
- An awesome office in central Madrid (Sol). We are easily accessible by public transport, as well as close to public bike stations.We believe in face-to-face communication so there is no remote work, wfh occasionally is not a problem.
- Flexible working hours. You can organize your schedule.