Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is one of the fastest-growing Start-ups in Germany. It offers a holistic HR Management, Recruiting and Payroll sofware designed for companies with 10 to 2000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 1500 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
Join our team as a Backend Engineer (remote or onsite) and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for the full cycle of feature development in your team ("You build it, you run it"), and take part in architecting the backend of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
Personio in Madrid is the team that’s driving our Personio Payroll Engine towards our vision of Payroll Automation.
Our challenge is to build a robust system that allows us to generate a huge number of payslips and that’s able to adapt to different countries and their specific legal requirements in an agile way. Right now, we transform our "Rails" application into a more decoupled application following the principles of Domain Driven Design, Hexagonal Architecture and SOLID.
- Experience in web development (from design to deployment and monitoring in production)
- Production experience with Docker and AWS. Ideally, as well with orchestration solutions (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Strong OO design skills (SOLID 100%) and willingness to work with Ruby
- Knowledge with automated testing and of when and what to test
- Experience in CI/CD, Pull/Merge Request and code reviews
- Proactive problem solver. You leave code and processes in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- Teamplayer. You are passionate about working with talented teammates. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- Interest and passion to learn and experiment with new technologies
- Strong written and spoken English (level B2/C1 on a CEFR scale)
- Salary range: Around 45k
- We’re remote friendly (upto 100%)
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support to Spain and 26 paid vacation days + Christmas & New Years Eve
- 1,500 Euro development budget, which you can use as you wish
- A permanent contract and weekly English classes
- Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping a company in its rapid growth and to grow and learn from your tasks
- A creative working environment and short decision-making paths
- Full responsibility for your area
- Regular team and company events (e.g. Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany)
- An office in the heart of Madrid