At Glovo we are constantly looking for talented and passionate engineers to join the team in our Barcelona office.
You are someone who loves working in a high-paced startup environment. You enjoy tackling different problems and take pride in delivering thought-through, well designed, flexible and easy to use solutions. You work well with other top-level engineers and value constructive feedback that helps you grow as a professional. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty with a platform or technology that you don’t know and are always eager to learn something new.
- Join one of the teams (Customer Experience, Logistics, Content and Partners, Growth, B2B, Platform) on a mission of constantly improving the product
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Own your deliverables from start to finish
- Participate in high-level technical decisions.
- Mentor and empowered other developers around you.
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grow.
- Good English
- 5+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Computer science or similar degree
- Strong Java Skills and deep understanding of the JVM: memory management, profiling, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Object -Oriented Programming and Software architecture, etc.
- Strong will to adhere to best practices in development: Solid Principles, Clean Architecture, etc.
- Deep knowledge of relational databases, database performance concerns, and solutions.
- Understanding of ORMs and other alternatives for relational mapping
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Familiarity with DevOps culture, and at least the basics of infrastructure management and infrastructure as-a-code. You own your code from design to the production.
- Experience with TDD
- Experience running code in the cloud and using laaS and PaaS solutions, especially AWS.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with non-relational databases
- Attractive compensation and equity plan
- Unlimited Glovos (zero delivery fee on your Glovo orders)
- A selection of fresh fruits and snacks.
- Gym membership discounts.
- Weekly team lunches
- Back to School Fridays (it’s all about learning and sharing knowledge)
- Team building activities
- Relocation package
- The opportunity to change the world and see how everyone uses the product you build.
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a great company culture.