Are you a Back-End Developer with extensive Python experience? Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and building something awesome? If so, this role may just be a fit.
As a senior developer you will work as a part of the team that builds a next-generation application for business travel.
On a day-to-day basis you will work with our product team to design, architect and implement the back-end of our product. Your code will run fast, efficiently and will never break.
This position involves:
- System architecture design, implementation and testing.
- Product development in Python and Django of a travel related web-based product.
- Integrations between our product to 3rd party APIs.
- Work in Agile environment with strong attention to a well-documented code, unit testing and continuous integration.
- Being able to mentor/coach/train other colleagues as a subject matter expert.
Required skills and experience:
- 10+ years of experience in similar roles building technically complex products.
- Expert level at Django and Python.
- Built and consumed REST APIs, ideally using Django rest framework.
- Experience writing highly efficient asynchronous code using Celery.
- Git version control.
- Experience with testing.
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- "Product Engineering "mindset.
- Strong communication skills (in English).
Bonus points for:
- DevOps experience with the AWS suite and/or Heroku .
- Algorithm research and development, and for machine learning experience.
- Experience in the travel industry.
- Experience working in high-performing, Agile development teams.
- A cool person that likes to build stuff (we really like people who maintain / contribute to open source projects).
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including base salary, bonus and equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff provided.
- A fun, fast-paced experience that will allow you to grow as a professional.
- Continuous learning is encouraged and you are more than welcome to dedicate time to learn things that interest you, even if they are not directly related to the day to day tasks .
- Be a part of creating the next big thing in Online Travel.
- This position requires full-time, in-house work in Barcelona, Spain. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world.
- English is the official language at the office. No prior knowledge of Spanish is required.
We mainly work with Python/Django & React but we don't close any door to smart people who can bring value to our product.
The company is funded by a team of entrepreneurial executives with deep market expertise, including leadership-level experience, at one of the most successful players in the online travel industry.
Are you ready for your next trip? Next destination: TravelPerk!
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!