What matters most in your work life?
Here at Holvi, we work hard because we love what we do and we excel at it. By empowering people to start living for themselves, we’re changing the world of entrepreneurship one small business at a time. But balance doesn’t just happen outside Holvi’s doors. It’s our way of life. We’re looking for talented individuals who want to shape Holvi’s product and culture – and at the end of the day we clock off at a reasonable hour. That’s work life simplified.
Right now, we’re looking for a Backend Engineer to join our team!
You'll be working across the full Holvi payment platform
As a Backend Engineer at Holvi, you’ll take part in designing and building our payment platform. You’ll work closely with our Engineering, Project and Strategy, and Operations Teams, as well as with process owners to help create and provide new and modern financial services.
A typical day could see you:
- Participating in the design and implementation of new payment and banking services
- Reviewing new features together with a multinational, talented Engineering Team, our Project and Strategy Team as well as with process owners
- Maintaining and improving the existing payment platform with our process owners and a team of engineers
- Jumping into discussions in areas that interest you – Holvi isn't corporate, and you're not constrained to one area only
- Learning something new! Be it on tech side or how fintech can improve our customers' work lives
Your home will be in the Engine Engineering team of the Tech unit.
We’re not your traditional old-fashioned bank. Quite the opposite, actually. As a modern tech company, our backend applications are built in Python. You can expect no hard-coded or pre-set rules on how to do your job. But you should be ready to challenge existing solutions and create new ones from scratch – together with our Holvians.
Our Engine Engineering team is small but mighty, and you’ll have the power to influence everything Holvi pushes out to our end users and internal users.The Engine Engineering team is responsible for the core banking and payment platform. Do you like designing new and building on existing banking infrastructure and services? Maybe you’re a big fan of small businesses and want to help them succeed through innovative financial services? If so, Holvi might be for you.
Holvi’s developers are known for making the impossible possible. Our culture is built on respect and low hierarchy. We have a holistic view on development, where all our developers play an essential role in decision making.
This is for you if you have got:
- You have at least 3+ years working experience as software engineer
- You have solid backend engineering experience with Python, plus a background in web development and API integrations
- You’ve got a good understanding of relational databases and data modelling
- You’re familiar with cloud (AWS) and containerisation technologies (Docker), test automation tools and CI/CD pipelines
- You have a proven ability to own tasks and champion your deliverables within your team
- You enjoy combining technical and functional expertise when it comes to engineering – and know how to communicate with other teams clearly, in plain language
- You have a basic understanding and interest for payment methods as well as banking products (e.g., saving, credit, investment)
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written
It's a bonus if you have experience working as a Full Stack Engineer, but not a necessity. If you have experience working in a fintech or in the financial sector this is also a plus.
Think you’re a good fit? We’d love to hear from you! Please send us your application via Workable.
P.S. no agencies, direct applications only.
- The chance to shape this role around what's good for you and Holvi
- Very flexible working – we care about what you do, not the minutes you work
- Modern equipment including Macbook Pros and the most up-to-date software – so you can do your best work
- Opportunity to buy equity in Holvi – we’re investing in our futures, and would love to be in this together
- For fully remote work you can also be located in one of the following countries Spain, Belgium or Lithuania as an employee or work as a freelancer from any other EU/EEA country
- We offer flexible working hours with core office hours between 10.00 and 15.00 local time
- Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people across Europe, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Holvi, we embrace diversity in all of its forms and foster an inclusive environment for all people to live their best work life. This is central to our mission of promoting a healthy balance in all things we do.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.