Voodoo is a tech company that creates mobile games and apps. With 6 billion downloads and over 300 million monthly active users, Voodoo is the #2 mobile publisher worldwide in terms of downloads after Google.
The company is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having raised over $1B and backed by Goldman Sachs, Tencent, and GBL. Deciding to expand its portfolio of products further, Voodoo has more recently announced that it will invest $200M in blockchain gaming studios, to lead the transformation of mobile gaming.
Voodoo is now a team of over 700 employees worldwide, we’re looking for talented individuals from across the globe to come and entertain the world with us.
The full-remote option is accepted only if you reside in Europe where the company has a legal entity (Spain, Netherlands, Germany, UK, France, Poland, Romania, Portugal).
The Engineering & Data team (E&D) is the central tech hub of Voodoo. The team aims to build the most innovative tech products to strengthen Voodoo’s leadership in mobile gaming while successfully accelerating product diversification such as non-gaming apps or blockchain gaming products.
Part of E&D’s focus is to provide a state of the art growth-engine to distribute and scale our apps & games. By joining the team, you will take part in this journey of designing and building long-term projects which help our business teams in creating content to advertise our games to millions of future players!
Another example of our engineering projects includes our B2B platform used by hundreds of studios around the world to ideate and test their game prototypes, as well as an auto-bidding tool that predicts the full value users will generate using with state of the art ML algorithms.
Our best-in-class E&D team is 84+ people, including software engineers, cloud infrastructure engineers, data teams UI/UX designers, product managers, and QA from 11 nationalities.
Our team strives for innovation and excellence across the mobile industry.
10+ products developed internally
1bn+ events collected on a daily basis
50% of Voodoo’s marketing spends directly optimized by our Automated bidding system
- By joining us, your goal will be to help us build a state-of-the-art DSP (demand-side platform) that enables advertisers to buy the best impressions at the best price across hundreds of apps, all within a few milliseconds.
- You will collaborate closely with our data and infrastructure teams to design and build resilient, high-throughput, and low latency solutions capable of handling hundreds of millions of users.
- You will play a key role in shaping the architecture and roadmap of the solution to support our ambitions.
- Proficient with Java, Kotlin, or Scala
- Experience working on high-throughput systems
- Experience developing and maintaining cloud-native applications
- Familiarity with DevOps principles
- DevOps/CI is implemented using CircleCI, Git (GitHub), Docker/Kubernetes, Terraform, ArgoCD, Prometheus, Grafana
- Ability to work in a distributed Agile development team
- Being fluent in English is mandatory
- French is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with the AdTech ecosystem
- Experience with AWS
- 45 min call with our tech recruiter to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- 45 min call with Thomas Eschemann (your future manager), to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- 2h of remote Top-to-Bottom live challenge, from System Design to Code Review
- 1h call with 2 stakeholders to better understand the product you will work on, how you interact with non-technical people and how you approach the work from a product/process perspective
- 30 min final call with Paul Todorov, our VP of Engineering & Product
- Competitive salary upon experience (60-90k+)
- Comprehensive relocation package (including visa support)
- Sodexo Lunch Voucher
- Claror Maritim Gym membership
- Global hackathon
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible remote days (hybrid to full remote)
- Full stack desk and computer equipment upon your request