Are you a talented Senior Back End Engineer with 5 years experience, and fluent spoken and written English looking for an exciting role where you can take your skills to the next level? Would you like to join a fast-growing international startup and shape the future of how products are designed, prototyped and manufactured? If this sounds interesting, then we'd love to hear from you.
Please include a COVER LETTER with your CV (in English) when applying, detailing how you meet the criteria set below in the ABOUT YOU section... And also why you want to join Wikifactory, and any questions you have for us.
Location: Fully remote. Option to work from our offices in Madrid, London and Copenhagen.
Package: very attractive package for the right person.
Wikifactory is the fastest place on the web to get a physical product made with just a laptop and an internet connection. Zero training and zero configuration required. We have a global community of over 100,000 engineers, designers, makers and over 100 hardware startups across 190 countries. They have made over 5,000 products across several industries: drones for reforestation, electric vehicles and future tech (Hyperloop pods and flying cars), agri-tech solutions, smart furniture and IoT devices, robotics, biotech lab equipment, and most recently medical devices and PPE during the Covid-19 crisis.
As a SaaS platform for collaborative product development of physical things, we are uniquely positioned for discussing CAD design and engineering topics. We have a powerful 3D file embed feature which makes it possible to directly view and inspect CAD designs of over 30+ formats directly in content on the browser, without the need of a plug-in or extension. In addition we have launched a first-of-its kind collaborative 3D file viewer for live, on-the-go, product development between virtual teams on an agile web-based and open-source PLM system.
You will be playing a lead role in managing and improving our backend infrastructure (currently AWS centric), maintaining and improving our existing backend applications in Python and Golang. You will be responsible for developing new capabilities to enable our users to work together more effectively on improving product designs and specifications as well as manufacture the products they design together.
- Minimum 3 years strong experience building applications in Python and/or Golang.
- Strong computer science knowledge (University not required)
- Knowledge of linux system administration
- AWS or similar cloud computing environment
- Ansible or similar deployment automation tools
- A fascination with digital fabrication technologies or interest in hardware development
- Strong command of English is required
- Documenting, releasing and maintaining open source libraries
- SQLAlchemy, Flask, GraphQL
- PostgresSQL, Dgraph
Interest or Skills in:
- 3D rendering and 3D application development
- Robotics, CNC, g-code, etc.
- Security best practices for web and mobile
HOW TO APPLY
- Please include a cover letter stating why you fit this profile and why you want to join Wikifactory
- A link to code you’re particularly proud of. Provide a description of what it does and why you’re proud of it.
WHY WORK AT WIKIFACTORY
- Join an exciting start-up with ambitious plans in a fast-growing, multi-billion dollar industry
- Apply your experience in a disruptive technology area that is impacting every aspect of product development
- Gain unparalleled access to innovation communities in China and around the world