Ebury is a hyper-growth FinTech firm, named in 2021 as one of the top FinTech's to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi. We offer a range of products including FX risk management, trade finance, currency accounts, international payments and API integration.
If you are an experienced Senior Golang Engineer and you want to move forward with your professional career in an international and dynamic environment, this job is for you!
You will join our team to pave the way for enabling new teams to develop their software components and services in Golang. Historically, we are a technical team built on top of Python foundations, but we are open to exploring new and modern technologies!
- You have extensive experience developing complex software systems in Golang, including distributed architectures using modern engineering practices. Experience working on projects in the financial services domain is a plus.
- You have experience with the "you build it, you run it" concept and how to implement a flexible infrastructure to support Golang: service templates, continuous integration pipelines, DevOps principles, etc.
- Since you will work side by side with colleagues from different countries, you will be able to communicate clearly and concisely your ideas in English, both written and spoken. Also, you are open to feedback and consider multiple perspectives when deciding.
- As one of the first Golang engineers, you must have experience driving the adoption of ideas and leading projects in a new technical environment with a proactive attitude.
- An excellent nice to have if you are familiar with Python or have previous experience using the language for software development.
- Define the infrastructure requirements and service templates for new software components, which are to be written in the Go programming language - all running smoothly in Docker containers on our Kubernetes infrastructure in AWS.
- Engage with multiple teams to provide training and encourage the adoption of the new programming language.
- Help build the first Ebury team that will build and run microservices or migrate legacy software features into new reliable components using Go.
- Contribute to our RFC process to improve our software architecture, engineering processes, and developer experience.
- Work closely with our Staff engineers to understand our technical strategy and develop the engineering guidelines to meet our principles and non-functional requirements.
Not feeling like you meet all the requirements? That’s OK! No one fits a job description perfectly, and there are no perfect candidates.
What we offer:
- Variety of meaningful and competitive benefits to meet your needs;
- Competitive salary compensation available also for Contractors around the globe;
- You’ll have continuous professional growth thanks to our career progression framework with regular reviews;
- Equity process through a performance bonus;
- Allowance to take annually paid time off as well as during local public holidays;
- Continued personal development through training and certification;
- Being part of a remote-first distributed technology team that cares deeply about culture and best practices, and believes in agile principles;
- Contribute to our technical design through our open and collaborative Request For Comments (RFC) process
- We are Open Source friendly, following Open Source principles in our internal projects and encouraging contributions to external projects
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide. Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.
Please submit your application on the careers website directly, uploading your CV / resume in English.