Make Music better through tech and innovation
That thing we do
We’re the Operating System for the Music Industry – a platform that pumps up the jam of every play.
We connect all players of the industry to amplify the value of music. Driven by machine learning and copyright expertise, our system pumps neutral data and authoritative knowledge to everyone along the chain. For those who make or use music, we allow them to plug in to our O.S. to ease operations, increase earnings, and get in sync with everyone else.
Who the FAQ are BMAT
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. We’re now over 160 people, spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janeiro, London, Paris, Nairobi, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Singapore, Tokyo, Manila, Bangkok and Lagos.
We’re a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for innovative technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination.
Join us from wherever you are on our mission to help make music live forever.
We say there’s a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately). Our way of being is always sprinkled with transparency, perseverance, flexibility, open-mindedness and trustworthiness.
BMAT is teaming up with a global music streaming service to revolutionize the way copyrights and royalties are handled in the online world. As we transition from discovery to an MVP phase, we're building an agile product team that can successfully execute this mission-critical project.
We're looking for someone with a proven track record of owning data-intensive products in agile B2B environments. Previous experience in the music business is a plus. A strong belief that music can save the world is a must.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design and implement data schemas and workflows that unify audiovisual and music metadata
- Develop tools to match metadata coming from different sources
- Maintain and operate our music monitoring platform and audiovisual tools
- Reuse and integrate existing services to create new ones
- Support Customers/Pilots needs, fastly design and implement new tailor-made features and innovative solutions
All About You
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong knowledge of Phyton
- Knowledge in MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB as database management systems
- Lucene and ElasticSearch are our text-search technologies
- Resolutive, creative and clear communication
- Think uncertainty creates opportunity rather than stress
- English: fully proficient or fluent
- Spanish/Catalan a plus
You Can Enjoy
- Flexibility on working hours and home office
- Flat hierarchy
- English and Spanish online classes
- Wide range of online and onsite courses
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools
- Becoming part of a diverse and multicultural team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry
Diverse perspectives bring about challenges and drive innovation, and innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture organically fosters this diversity. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations, abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones - but we all have one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.
50 - 200
We're a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-travelled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination.