Note from recruiter: Yes, we are actually hiring during COVID-19! While our offices are located in Barcelona and San Francisco, and we'd love to hire locally for when this is over, we are also open to Europe-based candidates who would want to be fully remote permanently. Remote candidates must be senior. We are seeking a senior backend engineer who would be interested in contributing to our best-in-class card issuance and transaction processing platform.
Apto Payments is a leading-edge card issuance platform. We help companies issue new kinds of cards in new ways. We do it with fewer constraints and more creativity, for a better cardholder experience. Founded in 2014 as Shift Payments, the company worked with Coinbase to launch the first bitcoin debit card. Today, as Apto, we have broadened our mission, finding new ways to connect people to their assets by helping companies successfully launch innovative, customer-centric card programs to market.
We are looking for Senior Backend Engineers to join our team and develop our microservices-based backend that powers our native apps and runs real-time authorization logic for major financial institutions. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment and is excited about working hard to build the future of financial services. You should be able to understand and suggest improvements in our code as well as write the necessary tests to be sure that the features that you deliver are good to be shipped.
- Strong CS fundamentals.
- 3+ years of backend development experience in high traffic platforms.
- Proficiency in Ruby and/or Python preferred, high-level candidates in other languages will definitely be considered as well
- A deep understanding of API development using HTTP, REST and JSON.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks.
- Passion for clean code.
- Sound judgment for balancing when to cut corners and long-term code maintainability
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Familiarity with some form of Test Driven Development.
- You have an opinion. We want people who are smart, creative, and passionate about the problems we are solving.
- Comfortable with high levels of responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills
- You make all your technology decisions with the final user in mind.
- You're self-directed, with proven ability to manage goals and deadlines effectively.
- Passion for learning.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Fully-paid healthcare for you and dependants.
- Great team of driven people with different skill sets.
- Flexible hours and work from home days (Fully remote during Covid-19)
- Opportunity to build solutions used globally by millions of people.