Senior Back-end Developer (PHP) in Barcelona or Remote
Mad Collective is a digital entertainment company founded in Rochester (NY) in the early 2000s and with offices in Barcelona since 2007.
We're 180+ people energized about our future and enjoying everything a high-growth company has to offer. We're technologists, marketers, business operators, video producers, and VR experts from over 32 nationalities.
What do we do?
We are in charge of the company’s dating products. Currently, we have 10 high-volume sites with more than 100K users per day, mainly from the US.
Our main goal is to scale our newest product (in MVP stage) to match the volumes we are used to seeing in our mature dating products.
What are we looking for?
A talented and passionate developer to support us on scaling up the newest dating product, with a strong sense of ownership, knowledge and team work.
What will you do?
- Maintain, modernize, and add new features to our dating products and their components.
- Triage, diagnose, and solve high traffic production problems.
- Share knowledge with your colleagues about best practices and new technologies.
- Advice on issues relating to improving performance and scalability.
- Develop unit, functional, integration, and E2E tests.
- Be involved throughout the whole software development lifecycle process
- Document existing and new systems and components.
- Participate in Agile/Kanban ceremonies with the dev-team and product owners.
- Strong PHP knowledge, OOP patterns and SOLID principles
- Good knowledge of Domain Driven Design (DDD).
- Experience with Docker containers.
- Experience writing SQL (MySQL).
- Interest in DevOps related technologies (AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Business Level English: all spoken and written business communications are in English.
- A great teammate with excellent communication skills.
What do we also value?
- Experience with Observability/APM tools like DataDog.
- Experience with CI and CD (CircleCI).
- Experience in Golang programming.
- Experience with queues systems.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Experience with Kubernetes and HELM.
- Experience working in high traffic environments.
What is our technical stack?
- PHP 7+ main projects
- Golang and Node.js for components
- MariaDB, Redis and MongoDB
- AWS cloud (S3, SQS, SNS, EC2, Route 53, KMS, CloudFront...)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Terraform, CircleCI
- Datadog and ELK
How do we work?
We work as a team, where everyone is accountable, friendly, and always willing to help. The team comes from different backgrounds, and we encourage a multidisciplinary profile like backend, frontend and some DevOps tasks. We foster collaboration and open communication in a safe environment based on trust.
Each member may be involved in any step of the process, from analysis and development to CR, deployment and monitoring.
We use Kanban and Jira daily. Continuous improvement, learning, and practicing new things are always welcomed.
1) First interview: with our Talent Acquisition Specialist. To know about your profileand explain to you about the company and the role
2) Second interview: with the Hiring Manager and the Tech Lead. To know more about you, review your technical skills and give you more information about the team and the position.
- Technical test. You do it when you can, no time constraints.
3) Third interview: with the Tech Lead and one Developer from the team. To review the technical test together and ask you questions about it.
4) Meet the team. Get to know your coworkers in a more casual interview
Sounds good? Apply now for this position!
- Private Health and Dental Insurance plan for employees.
- Subsidized gym memberships and fitness classes.
- Monthly internet allowance.
- Working from home setup allowance.
- Company sponsored Spanish, Catalan and English classes.
- Sponsored training and development.
- Quarterly company bonus programme.
- Top notch Apple equipment.
- Remote policy and flexible working hours
- Flexible Bank Holidays. Design your own working calendar with a lengthy consecutive vacation day policy.
- Day off for your birthday.
- Hybrid remote model office.
Sounds good? Apply now for this position!
*Please note: All applications must be submitted in English
About Mad Collective
50 - 200