TeamCMP is a digital entertainment company founded in Rochester (NY) in the early 2000’s and with offices in Barcelona since 2007.
We're 150+ people energized about our future and enjoying everything a high-growth company has to offer. We're technologists, marketers, business operators, video producers and VR experts from over 32 nationalities.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Software Engineer to join our Dating team!
Our main goal is to maintain and improve 10 dating web sites, where we have more than 100K registered users per day, mainly from the US. We are also exploring new dating products, and will shortly start testing them. We do this by using the most modern technologies including Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Cypress, using micro components, and third-party APIs. As well as by following best practices: SOLID and Domain-Driven-Design, and new trends in web development. We’re proud to be working with Symfony 4, PHP 7.4, Vue.js, and for logging and metrics: ELK, Datadog, Tableau, and New Relic. This is all done using agile methodologies, working with Kanban and Jira daily. Continuous improvement, learning, and practicing new things are welcomed, like the full CI approach we are adopting.
Just as important, we love to have fun. In the new normality, we have the option to go someday to the office, meet, see each other, work together, and enjoy paid lunches. We like to work in a nice environment, where everyone is accountable, friendly, and always willing to help. If you don’t like something, tell us; we work as a team and encourage opinions.
Our diverse team is currently composed of 5 Developers, 2 QAs, a PO, and a Software Manager, from six different countries, who look forward to getting to know you. We hope you’re excited too!
- Maintain, develop, and add new features to our dating products and their components.
- Modernize and improve existing code using a DDD approach.
- Triage, diagnose, and solve high traffic production problems.
- Mentor your colleagues in best practices and new technologies. Share knowledge with them in the weekly tech meetings.
- Advise on issues relating to improving performance and scalability.
- Develop unit, functional, integration, and E2E tests.
- Be involved throughout the full lifecycle development process.
- Document existing and new systems and components.
- Strong knowledge and practice of Object Oriented Design patterns and principles.
- Experience with PHP7.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Experience writing SQL (MySQL).
- Experience with CI and CD.
- Experience with queues systems.
- Experience with Docker containers.
- Experience working in high traffic environments.
- A great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, mentoring, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Business Level English: all spoken and written business communications are in English.
- Experience in Golang programming.
- Experience with MongoDB.
- Experience with CircleCI.
- Knowledge using Kubernetes technology
- Competitive compensation package based on experience, skills, and the job market.
- Remote policy and flexible working hours. Core hours from 11:00 to 17:00, with 7,5 hours/day.
- Trial period 3 months.
- Budget to set up your home office and internet subsidized every month.
- Flexible Bank Holidays. These are added to our total vacation days, and we can take them when we prefer.
- Private health and dental insurance plans for employees and their families.
- Subsidized gym memberships and fitness classes.
- Sponsored training and development – time off and costs covered by the company.
- Regular “freestyles” every Friday afternoon, you have the time to get creative or choose what you want to learn, separate from the ongoing tasks.
- Company-sponsored Spanish, Catalan, and English classes.
- Top-notch equipment, Apple or Linux, you choose.
- Quarterly company bonus program.
- Beautiful new headquarters in the center of Barcelona with multiple workspaces and plenty of lounge space too.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.