Wallbox is a global company, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy. We do this by creating smart charging systems that combine innovative technology with outstanding design and manage the communication between vehicle, grid, building, and charger.
Founded in 2015, with headquarters in Barcelona and selling already in over 80+ countries, our mission is to facilitate the adoption of electric vehicles today to make more sustainable use of energy tomorrow. Our talent has no borders - we welcome over 700 Wallboxers from over 45 nationalities in Europe, Asia, and the Americas!
We’re now the first Spanish unicorn listed on the NYSE ($WBX) and have been recently named amongst LinkedIn’s top 3 Spanish startups.
In day-to-day life, you will see our core values shining through our Wallboxers. The passion and dedication towards our mission will hit you the moment you walk through our doors - and there’s no feeling like it.
Our journey is not plain sailing - it requires proactive, flexible and top performing individuals who are committed to the world of sustainable mobility. But one thing is for sure - it's going to be a fun ride!
The question is: are you ready to change the world with us?
About the role:
We are looking for a highly driven, consumer oriented Android developer to join our growing Engineering team. This role is responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of Android devices including mobile phones and tablets. Your primary focus will be development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Imagine, develop, document, support, and maintain native mobile software
- Write elegant and functional code
- Ship features often
- Communicate regularly and overcome “blocks”
- Create software you’re proud of and that consumers love
- Real-world experience creating and maintaining mobile applications using Kotlin. We're looking for people with 4+ years of experience under their belt.
- Proficiency with MVP and consuming REST
- Experience with Bluetooth
- Experience creating and maintaining automated unit tests, integration tests and builds/deployments
- A good listener who respects their colleagues, but who isn’t afraid to assert themselves
- An owner. You pick work up off the floor, solve hard problems, and believe in asking for forgiveness, not permission
- Fearlessness, and a comfort with uncertainty. You have an acumen for turning complex problems into actionable plans
- Understanding of Scrum development process.
- Join us if you are:
- Eager to work at a fast-paced startup with self-governed, cross-functional teams
- Passionate about eliminating waste and getting stuff done
- Not afraid of changing requirements, even late in development
- Not afraid to experiment and fail. Failure is an opportunity to learn, and is embraced as a core tenet of Propeller.
- Naturally curious and believe in lifelong personal growth
- A believer that technology can help solve hard problems and change the world
- Aware that technology, by itself, does not delight customers; the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical solutions, surprises, utility, and social interaction
- Passionate about mobile and utilizing cutting-edge technologies
- Half-day Fridays!
- First class private health insurance after your first month at Wallbox
- Online group training sessions twice a week & other out of office activities
- Use one of our EVs for a weekend and/or a week (car sharing) and test our products in your home (beta testing) to become a valuable source of feedback
- Free online language classes (Spanish & English) twice a week
- Flexible compensation valid for restaurants & food delivery apps, transportation, childcare, and learning & development.
- Hundreds of discounts in different brands & services with our Wallbox Circle benefits platform
- Car discounts & special advantages if you choose an EV!
- Smartpoint for all your online orders & services at our offices
- Free coffee & soft drinks to fuel those tough Monday mornings
- Variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, at a discounted price at our canteen
- Learn and grow in a company of over 45 nationalities and counting!
- No suits! Unless it's Carnival or Halloween
Please submit your CV in English
*At Wallbox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
About Wallbox Chargers
St. Andreu de la Barca, Barcelona, Spain