We’re building a global platform to enable a future where all cars are shared. There are more than 1 billion cars in the world, and these cars are parked, on average, more than 95% of the time. With instant and keyless carsharing via our patented hardware and software platform and our industry-leading mobile apps, we’re helping communities around the world share these underutilized resources to reduce their vehicle footprint while increasing mobility solutions.
With headquarters in San Francisco, offices in major metropolitan areas across the US, and now with offices in Amsterdam, our distributed team is building the future of mobility. If you want to help create this future with us and change the landscape of cities worldwide, Getaround might just be the place for you.
As a core member of the engineering team, you will do more than build apps to simply rent cars—you will help reshape the future of transportation for millions of people around the world. You will write clear, maintainable code that will be shared across projects and development teams. Assist in architecture discussions to set technical direction and strategy within the team. Research and adopt emerging mobile best practices to improve code quality. Provide support and mentorship to other engineers through code reviews and paired programming. You will also act as a go-to person for tough questions without becoming a bottleneck.
Qualifications (aka “Skills”)
- Computer science, engineering or equivalent degree
- Real-world experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- High attention to detail and product quality
- Goal driven, innovative and highly communicative
- Mastery over core areas of mobile development(e.g. async networking, local storage, memory management)
- Deep experience in Android development and the Java language
- You have worked with the Android BLE stack before
- You have a deep understanding of Material Design and can help make things look and feel Android native
- You have built stable, high-performance applications using Python
- You have worked with Google App Engine, EC2 or some other cloud computing service
- You have experience designing and implementing REST-ful APIs tailored to mobile clients
- You have experience building iOS apps
Getaround company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.