eDreams ODIGEO (www.edreamsodigeo.com) the largest online distributor of flights in the world (measured in terms of sales), and one of Europe’s largest e-commerce businesses is looking for a passionate Android Developer to join our Mobile Team based in Madrid, Spain, reporting to the Android Technical Team Leader.
As Senior Android Developer you will be responsible for developing Android applications for all ODIGEO brands. Ideal candidate is passionate about the application development for smartphones and tablets, user-oriented, who likes challenges and learning about new technologies and focus on clean architectures and clean code. You will add value to our mobile development team, so a strong level of knowledge in this area and an enthusiasm to learn and share information is essential.
Why should you work with us?
- We are one of the top OTA’s worldwide.
- We serve more than 14 million customers with our brands eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Liligo and Travelink.
- We work in more than 40 countries.
- We have over people from 90 different nationalities working in our company
And what about the Android team?
- We are building an Android passionate team focused on the code quality and clean architectures.
- We value hunger for learning, ambition and sharing.
- We try to build complex applications using the new best methods and technologies. We encourage our team to share new ideas and innovation.
- You will work in an informal atmosphere with a young team but highly qualified.
And what about your role?
As Senior Android developer you will :
- Develop new functionalities implementations using the best practices in the Android world.
- Define the best strategies for optimizing our existing applications.
- As a horizontal team, defining together with the rest of the team the best architecture decision, always based in clean ones.
What kind of work do we do?
- With so many brands and present in mobile (smartphone and tablet) iOS and Android we’ve never had time to get bored. The challenge is huge to optimize a high level of consistency and working at the same time in innovation projects.
How do we work ?
- We have the chance to work with amazing Agile Coaches and Product Owner helping Technical Team to follow the best practices of Agile Methodologies.
- We work hard, live and breathe Android and always think out of the box to create new exciting features!
- For a better idea about our culture, check out the brief video of our last Hackathon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVvI30rEotI
So, are you the right fit?
YES, if you:
- Demonstrate experience of at least +2 years in Android mobile application development.
- You demonstrate experience in unit testing and functional testing.
- You have experience working with continuous integration.
- Know criteria for the design of mobile applications (usability and interaction).
- Love new technologies, clean architecture and coding in a decoupled way.
- Design to improve the user experience.
- Have a continuous improvement mentality.
- Deep knowledge of agile methodologies
Then, we’d love to hear from you!