- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, Law or Public Policy or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience delivering technical presentations and live demonstrations of security solutions, including the integration of them with a customer’s existing infrastructure.
- Experience in Sales Engineering, Technical management or similar business services.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to address CIO and CISO concerns about the security and compliance risks associated with moving workloads to the cloud.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Security and Compliance Specialist, you'll utilize both your technical aptitude and excellent communication skills to address trust during frequent engagements with customers. You will periodically serve as a Google representative when liaising with regulators and the public as it relates to our Google Cloud solutions.
In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with technical sales teams as a security and compliance subject matter expert to differentiate Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, and problem-solving any potential roadblocks.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Provide subject matter expertise on areas of security and regulatory compliance to various teams.
- Assist policy personnel in technical conversations with policy makers, industry bodies and other third-parties to advance Google’s message.
- Provide feedback to product management in the development of trust-related features and support regional security and compliance accreditation projects.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud and effectively present technical pitches.
- Work with local Sales teams to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections, and develop the strategy to resolve blockers related to trust.