GBG offers a range of solutions that help organisations quickly validate and verify the identity and location of their customers. Our market-leading technology, data and expertise help our customers improve digital access, deliver a seamless experience and establish trust, so that they can transact quickly, safely and securely with their customers online. We have over 1,000 team members across 15 countries and work with over 20,000 customers in over 70 countries. Some of the world's best-known businesses rely on GBG to provide digital services and keep the economy moving.
GBG’s Investigate is a world leading data enrichment and visualization service that enables fraud and law enforcement investigations along with asset and debt recovery. The team behind this product are a very talented cross functional team working using agile practices to continually improve the product features and the technology that enables this. The team are just starting an exciting new Greenfield project making use of best in class modern technologies.
You will be a software engineer who enjoys working in a highly effective agile team and who is an outstanding problem solver, enjoys facing software design problems, technical challenges and mentoring other team members. You’ll have a desire to work with modern technologies to solve challenging business problems.
What you will do
- Support the architecture and design decisions within the team
- Deliver high quality technical solutions to challenging business requirements, with a focus on delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Promote the devops culture and drive towards enabling continuous delivery within a cross functional, autonomous team
- Challenge the status quo (technologies and/or processes) to help improve delivery within the team.
- To work closely with other stakeholders to take ideas from concept through to production ready features.
- Review code from other team members, promoting best coding practices within the team
- Enhance and maintain existing automated (functional and unit) test suites.
- Support the technology Centre’s of Excellence to drive up standards across the wider business
- Experience of working in agile/scrum environments and a good understanding of continuous delivery practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Scala, Cats, ZIO and Akka
- Clean Code and Software Craftmanship practitioner with an excellent understanding of functional programming concepts
- Demonstrate, and champion with others, good habits in unit testing, mocking, stubbing and test-driven design approaches.
- Broad knowledge in design and architectural patterns, and excellent knowledge of OOP concepts.
- Good knowledge of reactive systems and event driven architectures
- Experience with structured logging, ideally using the ELK stack
- Experience of REST API design
- Must be confident using Git Source Control
- Experience with SOLR, Neo4J, MongoDB, MariaDB is an advantage
- Experience with AWS, Docker and Kubernetes is an advantage
- The ability to maintain a deep knowledge of the latest languages, tools, frameworks and paradigms within the industry and experience of championing the adoption of emerging technologies.
- Ability to drive continual improvement within a cross functional, autonomous team
- Comfortable with code reviews and pair programming
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team.
- Ability to provide technical leadership in small agile teams.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to learn quickly within a continually changing, challenging environment.
- Flexible, resilient and able to change focus on demand.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference, everyone has something to contribute. Maybe you too could make a difference.
As part of our commitment to our team and flexible working approach, we have created a Work When and Where You Want Policy to give our team members choice and empowerment, and to support a balance in work and home life. Please ask your Talent Attraction Specialist for more information on this and our Family Friendly policy if you want to find out more!
If you’re interested, please apply! We’re looking to hire the best and most engaged people into our business and we’ll make an offer once we’ve found that person.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.