Join a team that values automation, low-friction processes and developer driven decisions!
relayr has become Europe's leading platform for the Internet of Things, enabling the interaction between diverse systems, and creating new scenarios in which we interact with the world around us. If you would like to work with a great team and technology to build the infrastructure for the next generation of connected devices...
Then relayr is the right place for you!
We are looking to recruit a diverse group to be able to best handle the diverse problems in the emerging market of Internet of Things.
As a Scala IoT Developer you would be able to design and implement new features for our platform (Scala, REST Services, Akka, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.), build data streaming / analytics infrastructure (i.e. on Apache Flink) and work on scalability / performance problems. You will join our backend team in Berlin.
- Design, develop and maintain a wide range of Scala microservices for our growing IoT platform
- Add value with every iteration to help us move quickly
- Take initiatives on new technologies, ideas and approaches
- Help mould our leading-edge stack and processes
- Bring creative engineering solutions to a challenging distributed system
- Help to design a universal and usable API for IoT
- Collaborate with colleagues in a fluid, cross-functional team environment
- Minimum 3+ years experience working on challenging server-side projects with at least 1 year of working in Scala.
- Expertise in building REST APIs, distributed systems. (eg: Swagger, Akka HTTP, Kafka)
- Ideally some exposure to data related frameworks and tools. (eg: Spark, Flink)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases. (eg: PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- Comfortable working with linux systems and DevOps. (eg: Docker, Jenkins, AWS)
- Able to work in a structured, agile, test oriented manner.
- Flexible office environment
- A diverse and friendly team with people from all over the world, speaking 20+ languages, of all ages and parental-status
- Connecting you with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- A learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests, as well as knowledge-sharing and an expanding library of books
- Opportunities to attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options
- Cool office located in Kreuzberg with a relaxation room, standing-desks, 3D printer and free fruit and drinks
- Free German courses at intermediate and advanced level (Working language is English)
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
Sounds interesting? Please follow the link to apply for this position: https://relayr.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=38