We are looking for a Ruby/Back-end Developer (Mid Level) to join our Growth team.
The Growth team at Loot is responsible for designing and testing different experiments, in order to discover the best possible experience for our customers and make it easier than ever for young people to know more about their spending, so they can do more with their money.
We are building a creative, analytical and diverse cross-functional team made up of engineers, designers and analysts. We each represent our own discipline, but our contribution to growth spans way beyond our normal specialism.
As the challenges of growth in a startup are always evolving, we're looking for ambitious, analytical and energetic individuals to join the team.
As a Backend Engineer on our Growth team, you will:
- Build platforms, systems and big data infrastructure to help fuel Loot’s user growth.
- Collaborate with the engineers, designers and analysts on your team to design and execute experiments.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve our growth and experimentation infrastructure, tooling, and process.
- Provide strong technical feedback to other engineers through code reviews, engineering design reviews, and collaborative problem solving sessions.
We're looking for:
- 2+ years experience in Ruby and Rails
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Passionate about making high user impact and building the best experience for the user
- Theoretical and practical understanding of OOP, SOLID and CleanCode principles
-Experience using TDD practices
- Fluidity in operating Unix-based systems
- Experience in implementing and integrating with HTTP APIs
- Experience with REST/SOAP APIs
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Good understanding of Messaging Queue Protocols
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with front-end web development
- Run A/B tests and analysed the results
- An understanding of growth-related metrics (Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Referral & Revenue)
- Experience in playing Mario Kart