Are you our new Research Executive for our team in Barcelona?
We don’t just collect data, we connect data. YouGov is an international data and analytics group with the ambition to become a unique part of the global internet infrastructure - like Google for search, Facebook for social, Amazon for retail, we want it to be YouGov for opinion. Our value chain is a virtuous circle consisting of a highly engaged online panel, innovative data collection methods and powerful analytics technology. From the beginning we had one simple idea: the more people are able to participate in the decisions made by the institutions that serve them, the better those decisions will be. We are a global online community for millions of people, and thousands of organisations, to engage in a continuous conversation about their beliefs, behaviours and brands, and provide a more accurate portrait of what the world thinks.
We are searching for a Research Executive to join our research team in Spain, working on both national and international projects. You’ll develop an understanding of the business and research objectives and help to design research solutions through knowledge of project and questionnaire design, sampling processes, weighting and production of deliverables
What will I be doing day to day?
- Possess a good understanding of multi-stage sample design, response rates and sample size calculations
- You will be able to design questionnaires organise questionnaire development
- You’ll possess a good understanding of the use of percentages, means, standard errors, medians and confidence intervals
- Have a basic understanding of statistical testing and interpret simple cross tabulation analysis
- You will be able to produce a short report outline, including individual chapters or management summary
- Deal with speculative enquiries and interpret requirements of a research specification
- Write sections of a large proposal, or an entire proposal for a simple project, with minimal guidance
- Manage different project tasks for multiple projects, follow timetables, monitor progress and suggest appropriate actions when timetabling problems arise
- To liaise effectively with clients and collaborators and be the main contact for day-to-day aspects of a project
What do I need to bring with me?
- 1-2 years of experience of day-to-day running MR projects
- Educated up to degree level or similar
- Strong user of MS Office package
- Excellent written, oral and electronic communication skills in English and Spanish. Knowledge of Catalan a plus
- Problem solving, analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to deliver results, meet deadlines and manage time effectively