Software Solutions Engineering
As an R&D Software Engineer .NET, you will be designing and coding Windows & Linux applications for R&D Products in an agile environment.
A week in the life of a Software Development Engineer:
- You will be a fully autonomous member of an agile software development team
- You will be responsible of design, code, testing and integration of hardware devices like cameras, document and fingerprint scanners, etc.
- You will conduct research on hardware and software solutions to improve biometrics solutions such as face matching and tracking, fingerprints verification, liveness detection, etc.
- You will create project documentation and tools to help delivering products to customers
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed in this job, you must have a University degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science or related fields. Five years of experience in Software development. At least two years in C# .NET development with Visual Studio. You should have experience in reactive programming, feel comfortable around software design patterns and be aware of common good practices. Experience with Version Control, Code Quality, Continuous Integration and Unit Testing Frameworks is required.
- You must have fluent English level
- Extremely valuable: Integration of Hardware devices and SDKs. Experience with .NET Core, .NET Standard, NuGet, Rx .NET, Apache Kafka, WCF, Web Services development or integration, other programming or scripting languages, Visual Studio 2017.
- Any of the following is a plus: knowledge and experience with Docker, cryptography, document verification, biometrics, computer vision, machine learning, digital photography, industrial engineering or electronics.
- We would like someone to join our team who is creative, passionate about technical work and detail oriented. We need a team player that is also autonomous when required.
What do we offer?
- Flexible working hours.
- Short working days on Fridays and during August.
- Hybrid role, 2/3 days working from home
- Restaurant alowance and social benefits (health insurance, kindergarden).
- Free coffee on-site!
Thales is a company committed to equal opportunities between women and men, and for this reason, we work to raise awareness and disseminate information on the subject both internally and externallyAt Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!