HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform Company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
Location technology and data is key in delivering product and solutions for Internet & Media incl. Advertising Technology (Ad Tech) industry. The IoT AdTech team of HERE Technologies is responsible for big data crunching, analytics and development of various Geo Technologies for the AdTech industry. To scale this business we are looking for an R&D Manager.
As R&D Manager in the IoT AdTech team, you will lead a team of highly skilled engineers as well as work closely with data scientists, designers and product managers to bring new capabilities to our AdTech products and solutions, enabling our customers to explore their complex geographic data streams with our tools and driving forward our objective of becoming a leading, data-driven, location company.
As the lead of the IoT AdTech engineering team, you will be translating the product strategy into technology strategy, you will be leading the long-term architectural direction, helping your team design and build industrial-grade customer-facing geo-data-intensive products. You will lead the collaboration with internal stakeholders: infrastructure and operations teams, platform teams, architectural board, etc., as well as external partners.
- Lead a team of ~10 engineers
- Work closely with product management, data science and design
- Be a technical lead for key complex systems and services, working closely with engineers to deliver high quality software on time
- Define long term architectural direction, design, and build reliable, scalable fast-performance “consumer-grade” geo-related services and solutions, end-to-end
- Work across the whole stack of data types and sizes: from tiny plain datasets to terabytes of regularly updated geo streams
- Fully understand non-functional requirements, system interdependencies and limitations
- Represent the team, lead or participate in architecture and design efforts across multiple teams
- Support production issues both directly and indirectly with customers
- Lead design reviews, code reviews of your work and the work of your engineers
- Collaborate closely both with strategic HERE Technologies partners and internal stakeholders
- Mentor / coach junior team members in software development, automation testing and software component deployment best practices
- Maintain a broad view of emerging technologies and contribute in roadmap definition
- Master’s Level Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 7+ years industry experience in a data-intensive environment
- Proven experience in leading an engineering team
- Excellent in Python and good in at least one another language, e.g. Java, C++, Scala, JS, Ruby, ...
- Experience with different databases (e.g. relational, noSQL, in-memory) and ability to argument the choice of one
- Good understanding of web technologies: e.g. REST API, HTTP(s), web security, etc.
- Understanding and experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is ideal
- Experience with the following is a strong plus:
- Amazon Web Services eco-system (ec2, S3, EMR, Redshift, ...)
- Docker, Kubernetes, microservices architecture
- Can work with people from a wide variety of disciplines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English