About The Position
Freightos is the online marketplace for the trillion dollar freight industry. With a stellar investor portfolio that includes GE Ventures and Aleph, $50 million in funding, and a team with a track record of successful exits, the five year old company is transitioning from startup to rapid revenue growth.
Which is important, because freight matters.
90% of everything we eat, wear or use is shipped or flown from other countries by the global freight (cargo) industry. But freight sales technology is stuck in the '90s, without automation and pricing transparency. Our unique patent-pending algorithm and sophisticated cloud-based stack change that, automating freight pricing and routing. Which is why after less than five years, most of the world's biggest freight forwarders use Freightos technology.
We’re not the only ones excited about changing the world. You can read about Freightos in the BBC, TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal and others.
But moving freight better starts with shipping great code.
We’re looking for a Director of Software Engineering to build and lead our growing R&D organization in Barcelona. This position is a key position across the whole company; therefore, we are looking for a well-rounded technical and business leader that understands the challenges that come with building and owning v1 and v2 products while growing the development teams.
The successful candidate, should have experience in designing, architecting and implementing technology in greenfield areas as well as scaling established pieces of the technology stack. The successful candidate must come from a software architect or developer background.
While building the organization, one team at a time, the successful candidate should be able to manage people, process and product. We expect the R&D Director to be a strategic thinker, a role model that leads by example, an innovator, a real owner, an effective coach and mentor and a great communicator.
Our new hires are expected to help, collaborate and add value quickly while working with our current engineers. We work, and expect new hires as well, to work under tight schedules, deadlines and conflicting priorities.
● Set standards, deploy mechanisms and create processes to deliver highly available and performing system with end to end ownership on all of your services and product lines.
● Recruit, develop, and retain software engineers to meet the business growth needs.
● Develop technical leaders and managers.
● Create, sell and manage strategic plans with demonstrable results to grow the R&D organization and to deliver on the business goals.
● Use data to make key decisions.
● Create a positive and transparent culture .
● Contribute to every part of the development and deployment cycle throughout the R&D organization.
● A doer that finds creative ways to deliver quickly and to maximize the value of the team and organization efforts
● Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
● 3+ years of software engineering or software architecture; able to read, write and review code.
● 7+ years of building teams and organizations, 3+ years managing and developing software engineering managers
● Excellent Computer Science fundamentals, problem solving, and knowledge of current technologies.
● Excellent communication, self-organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
● Must be fluent in English with excellent reading, speaking and writing skills.
● Good knowledge of Google/AWS cloud infrastructure and platforms (load balancers, storage, databases, and information security)
● Experience in building teams and products in a startup environment.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!