We are looking for a person that likes to help us with Quality Assurance and testing of our apps. Our in-house app development team want to have somebody that helps them to make sure that what we build and release to our 2.5 million users, is good enough.
He/she just needs to be curious, affinity with coding / apps / startups. It's a 20h per week role, helping our app developers to be better and feel comfortable they have someone in the team that 'has their back'. The total Ubeo team is 25 people and the team you would be working with is of 4 people.The candidate will develop test plans based on the project requirements, and will work together with the project owners and developers to identify possible issues. Our work schedule is from 9 to 18 (with lunch time) and your 20 hours will be flexible within this schedule.
The main language in IT is English, the rest
of the company also speaks Spanish, so it is an advantage if you speak
Spanish, but it is not a requirement.
- Team player (teamwork requires the participation and help of the components)
- Open, outgoing, able to work in a hectic, ever changing environment
- Flexible but without giving up easily
- Willing to help others, both within the team and in the rest of the company
- There is no 9-5 mentality (stiffness in the hours)
- Your job satisfies you
- Speaks English, Spanish preferred but not required
What we offer:
This company focuses on the rapid growth in the online auction
business, so there are lots of great projects to learn and develop. The
company has received multiple awards in just its first year, thus
showing great potential for the future.
- Most important: Curiosity for app development and testing user flows
- The rest can be learned but if you have any experience in the following, that would be a plus:
- Experience in test automation tools such as Selenium is an advantage.
- The experience with SQL is a plus.
- The experience with Scrum is an advantage.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Highly motivated / focused personality.
- Ability to learn various business processes and complex systems that run in multiple platforms.
- Analytical and creative thinking.
- Good speaking and writing skills in English are essential.
- Develop test plans and execute them with the responsibility of guaranteeing quality.
- Help define the technical scope and objectives of the projects by adopting variable value requirements and applying strict testing guidelines.
- Identify and proactively implement improvements in the methodology of the tests and the projects of the team.
- Monitoring and reports on the progress of tests in several projects with specific deadlines.
- Establishes standards and procedures to report test errors and resolutions.
- Develop scripts for regression tests.
- Guarantee a high level of customer satisfaction through strict quality control
- Automated testing